Visas for partners and dependent children of temporary visa holders who are teachers

If you are eligible under this category the 'reason for travel' you should select in your request to travel is:

  • Family member of a work or student visa holder in New Zealand, then
  • partner or dependent child of a teacher in New Zealand

To be eligible, you must:

  • be the partner or dependent child of a teacher who is currently in New Zealand on a temporary visa and is employed in a teaching role.

If your request is successful, you will be invited to apply for a visa.

Your visa application must include, evidence of having lived together in a genuine and stable relationship with the primary visa holder. Evidence can include, but is not limited to:

  • a description of your partnership, including details of previous shared living arrangements
  • any supporting documentation demonstrating your partnership — including a marriage certificate, a joint bank account, or birth certificates for dependent children
  • travel movements of you and your partner
  • evidence your partner supports your travel to New Zealand
  • any other evidence showing a commitment to a shared life.

Read more about character:

Read more Visa FAQ's:

globe icon
Which Visa is Right for You?

Read more about the Points System:

Read more about health:

Read more about Critical Workers:

Form icon
The Skill Shortage Lists

Do you want to migrate to New Zealand?

Base your move on solid grounds: Ask us for a Free Assessment first!