Are you ready to start your job hunt in New Zealand?

Once you land in New Zealand, every day counts.

Getting job search ready is a comprehensive process that should not be taken lightly. You will be competing for your job with many other candidates and presentation and a sound knowledge of the specifics of the New Zealand job application process will be essential for your job search success.

Working with our Job Search Coaches on each of the four key elements of your job hunt well in advance will put you in a position where you will hit the ground running, saving you time and energy for when you want to be at your best.

Do you have the five key elements of your Job Search?

Do you have a New Zealand formatted CV and a convincing Cover Letter?

An employer takes about 30 seconds to read a résumé before deciding if they should shortlist your application.  Experienced recruiters will take even less time.

For your job application to go through the next stage of the recruitment process, your really want to present your CV and cover letter in optimal shape.
Drafting a CV and cover letter that will at the same time impressively present your overseas professional profile in a style that is appreciated and understood in New Zealand, and pass the 30 seconds test will be a challenge.
Job search coach insight

Do you have an All-Star LinkedIn profile?

Our Job Search Coach Mark is passionate about optimising your profile on LinkedIn. He says: "Let's review some stats, shall we?

LinkedIn has over 760 million members in more than 200 countries worldwide. Searching for a skilled person with a specific area of experience though this huge social media platform is now common practice.

It is no surprise to see that 87% of recruiters regularly use LinkedIn and it also has been reported that 122 million people have scored their job interviews through this site. In New Zealand there were 2.2 million users in December 2020, which accounts for 45% of the country's entire population!
These are amazing numbers and for a job seeker. When used correctly, LinkedIn can be a powerful tool to have in your job-hunting arsenal. But using LinkedIn comes with its own challenges: With 45% of the entire NZ population using LinkedIn, it is now paramount to build a profile that will stand out from the crowd." 


Job search coach insight

Do you have access to the 'Hidden Job Market'?

In New Zealand, only 30% of all job opportunities are advertised. The remaining 70% are not visible on job boards, be it in paper or online. These 70% of job openings represent the Hidden Job Market.

For you as job seeker this means that you will miss out on 70% of all available jobs, if you don't know how to tap into the Hidden Job Market, and it also translates into tougher competition for the remaining 30% of 'visible' jobs.
Job search coach insight

The Hidden Job Market

Our short animation explains the Hidden Job Market and its implications on your job hunt success.

Do you have a strong Job Search Strategy?

Mark says:

"Let's face it, time and money are finite resources that are too precious to waste, and applying for jobs can be a lengthy and demanding process.
The New Zealand Job market is very small and you might only get one chance at impressing the employer of your choice. Getting this right is of the essence.
Having a strong job search strategy right from the start will allow you to target a specific role more efficiently, while also saving your resources, both physically and emotionally."
Job search coach insight

Are you ready for your job hunt?

Mark says:

"If your answer is yes to all of the questions above, congratulations! You're already well on your way to starting your job search in New Zealand. 

If you have answered no to any of them, there is no shame in admitting that! Most job seekers would only have an outdated CV ready, optimised for their home country.
The important part is that now you are aware of what you need to know, before you can start your job hunt.

The New Zealand job market is ever changing and strategies that have worked in your home country may not be relevant here. You need someone you can trust, and who knows the ins and outs of the NZ job market."


How can our Job Search Professionals help?

Our Job Search Professionals will work with you on the four key elements of your job hunt.

But their expert support will not end there. They will be by your side every step of the way, until you have found a job in New Zealand.

Read more about our Job Search Service.


Read more about job searching in NZ:

Job Searching in NZ

Do you want to migrate to New Zealand?

Base your move on solid grounds: Ask us for a Free Assessment first!
USA flag symbol

“In contrast to another Immigration consultancy that we contacted, your company offered a free webinar and an assessment, warm, approachable staff that communicates openly with potential customers. I found your website and it was very detailed and informative. I understand that your company is a fee for services provider, but that has not been conveyed as a prerequisite during the decision making process.”

CJ
USA
indonesian flag symbol

At first, Maj kindly explained the whole process and what to expect. I was coached and introduced to New Zealand job market by their Job Search team, and getting assistance until I got a job in the country. The Visa team would also follow me up on my pending documents, so I never felt left out. Truly recommended for those seeking out an option to live in New Zealand. Big thanks from me and my whole family for things NZIC did for us..!

AF
Indonesia
german flag symbol

NZIC helped me in my way to get a Visa and job search. They were always available to talk to and were open to all sorts of questions. No matter how random they were. Very friendly staff. And even when they had changes in employee and advisors, they always stayed professional and up to date. I can only say good things and recommend them highly.

CK
Germany
south african flag symbol

Very pleased and satisfied with the service we received from NZIC. They assisted me and my family from start to finish. Always willing to assist, and communicated our progress every step of the way. With their assistance we managed to obtain permanent resident visa status.

BV
South Africa