About the role
As a Planner/ Scheduler, you will be developing, reporting and monitoring the planning as required to undertake Maintenance works in an efficient manner consistent with KPI and contractual targets. There will be a focus on longer term planning (> 6 weeks to 2 years); mainly preparing their response for Transpower’s 2-Year Work Plan, and other longer term planning activities.
Your responsibilities will include (but not limited to)
- Taking charge of the planning and outage functions for RSC5 region, particularly Canterbury
- Supporting the Operations Manager and Service Delivery Manager in planning discussions with Client
- Looking at ways to make the Planning process more efficient, including use of technology
- Implementing and maintaining necessary planning and procedures, to ensure all planned work meets or exceeds timeframes, deadlines and budgeted margin
- Planning of works to align with allowed budget
- Be up to speed with current and long term outages
- Providing back up to Planner/Planning Coordinator/Outage Coordinator as required
Highly motivated, you have demonstrable experience in a project planning within an electrical & gas or infrstructure organisation; organisational and time management skills are second to none and you are on an on-going for continuous improvement! Your experience with scheduling large work volumes will be very beneficial to the role. You will have to be process driven, methodical and have working experience with Microsoft Programs most especially excel, or other similar systems with the ability to use scheduling software at an advanced level. You experience in producing detailed reports as well as your ability to lead change within projects or construction companies will ensure your success in this role.
Shortlisted candidates will be asked to undergo a pre-employment medical as well as a police check.
They acknowledge the importance of their people’s diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of their talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to their ability to unlock potential and enhance their success.
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.