What’s in it for me?
• They take their people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow
• There’s nothing more important to them than keeping their people and the public safe
• They look after each other and foster their people’s well-being
• Experience career progression through training and development
• Gain solid experience with a fast-paced role working with a well-established and multi-skilled team
• Stable, full-time, permanent employment
• Strong, supportive, and collaborative team
• Potential growth opportunities within the wider business
They are one of the largest suppliers of essential services in the region and is proud to provide the expertise to keep the infrastructure working for communities. No one else does exactly what they do in the way they do it. Hence, there will always be that opportunity in the future, if you wish, to progress your career further and achieve your desired career growth.
About the Role
The Design Estimator role for their Electrical Services division will be based in Hamilton, Waikato ! In this role, you will develop and deliver contract proposals & tenders to clients on-time and in accordance with estimating procedures while ensuring that the contract requirements, specifications and proposed tender objectives are being met using the most cost-effective approach to ensure that they are competitive in the market.
You will work closely with the operational managers to prepare on their behalf competitive, clearly articulated proposals to clients. You will also be responsible in making sure that the technical requirements of contracts and subcontracts are fully understood and consistently applied with the objective of maximized revenue across all contracts. You work with the WEL Networks NZ operational teams, and external keyholders.
They are looking for a seasoned and experienced Estimator based locally, but are open to those wanting to move to Hamilton as well!
You will have experience in HV Distribution construction tender preparation; Systematic project management skills in the HV Distribution construction would be an advantage.
Your previous experience in estimating, pricing and contractual agreements will help you to succeed in this role. An industrial/ electrical engineering degree, would be an advantage or project/ contract management experience would be beneficial as well. The below will also be key things for this role:
· Computer savviness and literacy
· Systematic estimating, writing and proposal management skills would be beneficial but
· Good written and verbal communication will cover it and they will train you up!
· Demonstrated ability to interpret, evaluate, and analyse plans, diagrams and sketches provided by consultants, clients, designers and technicians
· The ability to manage time and work under pressure to meet deadlines
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.