Our Job Search Service
Why do you need a job search service?
You don't just want a visa, you want the freedom to live where you really want to. Most migrants will need an offer of employment here to meet their points requirement, but it is not as simple as sending out CV's, in fact, sometimes this can be counterintuitive!
- Job search is much more than just applying for jobs online. One CV sent out to 50 different companies may get no response at all, while a prepared and connected job hunter can often get a great position that wasn't even advertised, just by having a chat with the right person and understanding the employment market here.
- There is a lot of research that people need to do to prepare, position themselves and thoroughly understand the New Zealand job market. This can be a daunting task for someone overseas, but our coaches will mentor you and get you set up well to excel in this.
- Only 30% of jobs are advertised through the ‘traditional job market’ such as online applications. 70% of jobs are advertised through the hidden job market. We support our clients to understand how to access this hidden job market. In addition, the skills that clients learn from our job search coaches are not just to get them into their first job in New Zealand. These are life-long career management competencies that will assist clients successfully navigate their career as they build a life here in New Zealand.
- Remember New Zealand is small and you often only have one chance to make a good impression with chosen employers. Research, connections, and preparedness for the New Zealand job market are essential to making this work!
What exactly will the job search coaches do?
Our Job Search Coaches will work with you throughout your entire job search process. They will ensure you are fully prepared for your arrival, receive continual support and follow through all the way to your job acceptance, ultimately they:
- prepare you for the New Zealand job market
- build your profile to format your overseas skills in a format appreciated in New Zealand
- provide ongoing support and coaching
- use our growing network of recruiters from all areas to connect you with the employment market
- liaise with your New Zealand employer
- liaise with and our Licensed Immigration Advisers to facilitate your work visa
Specifically, they also help with:
- bespoke individualised job search coaching for clients
- meetings via skype or MS Teams and regular communication
- a personal New Zealand styled CV and modified CV's to tailor for positions
- a personal New Zealand styled cover letter
- updates on job information including evolving current labour market information updates and links for clients to access now and in the future
- learning about New Zealand workplace culture
- understanding the hidden job market and how to make the most of the current situation to prepare to network effectively
- creating a dynamic LinkedIn profile
Two frequently asked questions:
"I am concerned about going to New Zealand with no work lined up, because I would burn through my reserves pretty fast. How can I get the assurance of knowing that I am able to work and earn in the local currency?"
Our Job Search Team will work on getting you through your job hunt as fast and smoothly as possible, starting by getting you ready long before you even arrive in New Zealand. Building a solid base for your arrival will enable you to hit the ground running and save a lot of time usually necessary for finding your feet in a new environment. Our continued support will then give you a further powerful boost for your job hunt, allowing you to get results faster and speed up your job search process. This will not only save you money for hotels, travels to interviews etc, but it will also put you in a position to generate an income in New Zealand within the shortest time possible.
"Can we guarantee you that you will find a job in New Zealand if you are using our Job Search Service?"
Of course not! But we do have a highly experienced team in job hunting, with vast networks and expert knowledge of the employment market. Migrants who actively follow all the steps and mentoring will benefit the most. The success of your job search will depend on how well we will be able to cooperate with you. We need your help to help you!
The Typical Process
1. Job Search Strategy
- Our Job Search Coaches will work with you on developing a well-targeted strategy for your job search well ahead of your planned arrival in New Zealand.
- They have many years of experience in working with migrant clients from all over the world and will monitor and coordinate your job search progress to make sure that it stays on track.
- Our Job Search Team will also liaise with our Licensed Immigration Advisers throughout the process.
- This will ensure that your job search is aligned with visa requirements and you will only apply for jobs that have the potential to give you points for your Expression of Interest or fulfil work visa requirements.
2. Career Coaching
- A session of one-on-one career coaching with Judi will jump-start your immigration journey!
- Judi is a qualified & innovative career specialist with more than 12 years of experience and a passion for supporting individuals to make well-informed decisions about their future.
- Judi helps our clients who are trying to break into the New Zealand job market with identifying their strengths, clarifying their work goals; confidence building; teaching effective interview skills and helping to manage stress in relation to job search.
- This coaching session is a powerful job search tool. It will give you the much-needed confidence to make far-reaching decisions about your move before you even get here!
- The session will leave you feeling empowered and ready for your active job hunt in New Zealand!
3. Job Application Coaching
- You are now ready for the next step: your actual job hunt begins. Remember, you only get one chance to get each job application right!
- Anna and Jannie, our coaches, have many years of experience with assisting migrants with their job search in New Zealand, they have a profound understanding of the job application process and know the job market inside and out.
- To begin with, they will transfer your overseas skills into a format that is understood and appreciated by New Zealand employers and develop your professional profile. This will ensure that you can use your full potential when presenting yourself to New Zealand employers.
- Once your job application material is in great shape and you are familiar with the New Zealand job market, they will support your job applications by coaching you through the different application and interview styles.
- They will seek feedback from employers and recruiters and work with you on constantly adapting and improving your job applications.
- This will ensure that your applications are well-targeted and highly convincing, every single time you apply for a job!
4. Making an outstanding impression
- Standing out from competing applicants is important. It will give you the chance to get an interview, where you can convince the employer that you are the best fit for their team.
- If your application succeeds and you are given the chance to present yourself in person, now is the time for you to nail the interview!
- It is important to know what to expect, our coaches will give you tips on interview etiquette, on how to present yourself, what to say and what not to say, and empower you to be a confident candidate.
Feedback from our job search clients:
Jannie your support has been just phenomenal. You have provided exactly what I needed, where and when I needed it. Having your precious insights and ongoing emotional support gave me the confidence to push through a really hard time. I cannot give you a big enough thank you."
"Hi, Thank you for all the effort that you and your team are putting into my dream. I do not think that I was expecting all of this when I enrolled at first, but I am really excited and finally sure that the process ahead can only be 100% successful. Kind Regards, A.O."
"Dear Judi, It's really nice talking to you! I like your way of strategic thinking. The examples you showed me were just like vivid movies. You're right, there are definitely a variety of ways of approaching jobs. Who knows which channel will get me through! I'll adapt myself and restart again! Thanks for your help, it's really beneficial for me! I hope someday I have the chance to meet you in person! Kind regards, L."
"Hi, Anna, wow, nice work on the CV, if this crossed my desk I would strongly consider hiring myself."
"Dear Anna, Wow! You made my CV look incredible. Thank you!"
"Thanks, NZIC, my application for my Work Visa has been accepted within only 3 days!"
"The CV looks great, thank you. Exactly the same with the cover letter, it is perfect! I am very happy with it and feel that it represents me really well!"
"All the tips and advice that you have given us have been fantastic. It has really helped to ease any uncertainties."
"Hey NZIC, Thanks for my CV and cover letter. The difference between a German CV is huge! :)"
"Hi! We made it!! Many thanks for your work and your advice. For sure you have made a difference for my perspective of the job search in New Zealand and I am glad you have been working with me! Thank you for all the attention, for clarifying my doubts, the reports, the cover letter, supervising my CV and cheering me up from the very beginning! Cheers, Saul S."
"Thank you for your help on that journey! My job hunting has really been improved thanks to NZIC! Anna was always by my side, giving me advice, working on my CV and Cover Letter and even correcting my English! And then, thanks to Carsten, my application for my Work Visa has been accepted within only 3 days!"
"The great work done before has surely helped to achieve this quick positive result. NZIC are really professional and know what to do when to do it and how to do it… That is so convenient and efficient! I’m still working with them for the next steps and would like to thank them again for their help and support. Thank you. Kind Regards, François B. IT Systems Engineer, France"
The top 11 questions we are asked by migrants:
- Can we guarantee you that you will find a job in New Zealand if you are using our Job Search Service?
- Can you come to New Zealand to look for a job?
- Will you be able to find a job if you do not have a visa yet?
- Nailing the Job Interview
- The 28 best interview replies!
- Tactics for accessing the Hidden Job Market
- What is the next step once you have a job offer?
- Find an Accredited Employer
- Skill shortages in New Zealand
- How much will you be able to earn?
- Your job must be "skilled" to give you points
Are you eligible to work and live in New Zealand? Find out by using our Quick Self-Check Guide.
Read more about applying for New Zealand residence through the Skilled Migrant Category:
- How many points will you need to have a realistic chance?
- Will you be able to claim points for your qualifications?
- Will you be able to claim bonus points for your professional expertise?
- Do you have to be registered in New Zealand?
- Will you meet the English language requirements?
Find out about our proven track record: Happy Clients!
Get Job Search Assistance
If you want to find out what it takes to find a job in New Zealand ask our Job Search Coach Anna Fyfe for a Free Assessment of your chances.Free Assessment