About the Organisation
This Ahuriri (Napier) based charitable trust is a provider of kaupapa Māori driven, evidenced based, birth to death health, social services and Whānau Ora services to whānau in Ahuriri and surrounding district. It is an organisation currently navigating significant change. As the needs of whānau have changed and complexity increased, so have the needs of funders and the organisation itself. The requirement for a greater level of clinical leadership and practice has led to the creation of a new leadership structure. This is an exciting time to join!
About the role
Lead Manager, Hauora is a newly created senior leadership role reporting to the CEO with core responsibilities of clinical oversight,stakeholder relationships, strategic business direction, leadership and governance, people and performance, financial management and service provision. You will:
- Oversee a variety of contracts / services including open access clinics, school-based nursing, sexual health, Rangatahi service, Immunisation, CVRA (heart health) assessment and Rongoā medicine
- Once appointed, have the freedom to choose the structure and composition of your team. You will take your team on a transformational journey - adapting to the changing needs of the community and working flexibly across contracts.
- Provide clinical leadership and supervision, have oversight of contract monitoring and management, quality improvement, team and contractual performance, reporting and stakeholder relationships.
- Be the organisational subject matter expert on clinical matters.
- Identify and manage clinical risk.
- Enjoy a good balance of working strategically and collaboratively at an iwi/funder level but also day to day interaction with staff to see progression of whānau.
- This role requires a Registered Nurse with current APC. Ideally you’ll hold a Postgraduate Qualification in health or health management or be willing to undertake.
- You’ll have knowledge of Te Aka Whai Ora, Te Whatu Ora, and Health Hawke’s Bay contracts and agreements and Health & Disability Sector Standards 2008.
- A deep understanding of Whānau Ora dynamics and experience and knowledge of Te Ao Māori world view is required.
- You will be an exceptional clinical leader known for leading high performing teams. You are honest, transparent and reflective in your approach. An expert communicator, you are inclusive and collaborative.
- A proven background in design and delivering services that have made a positive difference to individuals whānau and communities.
- Skilled in managing stakeholders - maintaining networks and relationships; negotiating and managing funding contracts.
- Innovative and open minded - you’ll see opportunities, not problems.
- Effective in managing change processes involving consultation, planning and implementation.
- Ideally have links to local iwi, whānau, hapu, marae and other relevant community networks and organisations.
- A deep understanding of kaupapa Māori, tikanga, kawa and te reo Māori, as well as respect and understanding for the diversity of cultures in the community.
Without a doubt you’ll have a genuine commitment and passion for the wellbeing of the community and will continue to harness the organisation's greatest strength - their sense of whānau. Your core purpose will be to work in a way that benefits whānau, hapū and iwi.
What’s in it for you
Over the last two years this organisation has increased services, doubled revenue and worked collaboratively with other providers to benefit whānau, hapū and iwi. But there is more to do. Clinical oversight and practice needs enhancing. Systems, structures and processes need to be put in place. Insights from data need to be used to inform decision making. Bring your clinical expertise, leadership skills and heart to serve.
- Work with a grounded CEO in a high trust environment
- Relevant organisation with a bright future and the faith of funders
- Lots of mahi to sink your teeth into and lead
- Involve yourself in a developing culture.
- The strategy is up for renewal - great timing to have input into this
- Competitive remuneration + vehicle
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.