Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Research Administrator with 10+ years experience in managing complex projects and high-performing teams. Skilled at delivering operational and administrative support to researchers, developing strong stakeholder relationships, and monitoring the performance of key deliverables across research portfolios. Adept at developing and implementing policies, procedures, and systems that promote integrity, proficiency, and productivity while ensuring compliance with state and private funding source regulations. Solutions focused with a high level of financial literacy and budget interpretation and management, and ability to ‘think outside the box’ when resolving complex issues.
• Transitioned key business systems to a modern, web-based platform which reduced the backlog of invoices and processing time while streamlining operations and enhancing data analytics and reporting capabilities
• Took over an underperforming team at Stanford that previously had no leader for several years and overhauled the performance of the group by fostering collaboration, communication, and strategic alignment
• Developed reference binders from scratch, providing new staff with tools and basics, as well as FAQS with a pre- and post-award guide, which standardized and centralized key processes
Assistant Division Manager of Division Finance 2021– present
School of Medicine, Stanford University, Stanford, California
• Develop, manage, and measure key objectives, operational plans, and 300+ individual accounts, 115+ sponsored accounts, and80+ gift accounts, including NIH grants, contracts, and clinical trials
• Manage and track budgets, set program governance, and define best practices
• Oversee reporting and data analysis for clinical funds flow from the Stanford Healthcare Hospital
• Work cross-functionally on process improvements
• Recruit, hire, train, and develop a team of 3 GrantManagers and 1 Finance Associate and ensure employee engagement with ongoing development and career paths
• Prioritize and resolve complex issues by leveraging creative problem solving and critical thinking
• Clearly communicate financial policies and procedures, ensuring accuracy, completeness, and timeliness
• Actively participate in critical analysis of existing systems, policies, and procedures
Manager, Research Administration 2018 – 2021
School of Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, California
• Over saw the seamless flow of pre- and post-award activities on a portfolio of contracts and grants for faculty, spanning government and industry sponsors
• Set goals, developed program guidelines, and resolved emerging issues while creating a stable and centralized program and managed
• Mentored a team of 4 research administrators
• Collaborated with key players assisting with grant applications, managed accounts and allocated resources
• Facilitated the successful submission of 65 proposals by individuals on the MechanicalEngineering support team, with the expenditures (post-award management) totalling to $27,568,536 for the team
• Developed monthly forecast reports and reviewed financial transactions for assigned portfolios
• Liaised with the director, assistant director, and other managers in the EngineeringResearch Administration (ERA) unit to set the strategic vision of the program and presented at monthly ERA Connect training sessions
AssociateDirector, Research Administration 2012 – 2017
School of Medicine,Indiana University, Indianapolis
• Managed the Indiana University and Indiana University Health Physicians practice plan salary recovery process, generating approximately $17M annually within theSchool of Medicine
• Led and managed a team made up of an assistant director, data analyst, and fiscal compliance manager
• Established and implemented both school-wide and research administration-focused policies and procedures for pre- and post-award processes
• Provided input, strategy, and administrative services to various leadership committees
• Acted as the fiscal officer on key grant accounts
• Successfully led the project to convert an Excel database (used to track and reconcile practice plan payments to contract and grant accounts) into a more stable, robust web-based platform
• Drove the indirect cost recovery process and reduced the 21-page SOP to 10 pages while streamlining processing time from 6 weeks to 3 weeks
• Director,Central Indiana Grants Office | Ivy Tech Community College 2012
• Pre/PostAward Research Coordinator | Indiana University 2008 - 2012
• Coordinator of Pre-Award Services and Compliance | University of Indianapolis 2006 - 2008
Master of Arts | Philanthropic Studies
Bachelor ofLiberal Studies | graduated summa cum laude
• (CRA) Certified Research Administrator| Research Administrators Certification Council
• Certificate: A Primer on Subawards under Federal Assistance Awards | NCURA
• Certificate: Intellectual Property | National Council of University Research Administrators(NCURA)
• Certificate: A Primer on Clinical Trials | (NCURA)
• Stanford Manager Academy
• Love travelling and exploring new places; learning about new cultures, trying new foods and learning other languages
• Staying healthy and fit by running and weight training no less than 5 days per week
• Enjoy meditating and journaling to stay present and aware of myself and how I engage with the world
• Reading about how to be a better leader and colleague at work, as well as how to be a better friend, partner, family member, and member of society
• Love giving back and have volunteered in several ways, both in the community, and through my professional organisation and employers(past and present)