Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Web UI Developer, SSr Adv Oct 2021 to date
IT and Software Development
• Conduct daily agile meetings to sync with the team and discuss project progress
• Set the requirements for the components to be developed
• Demo the components to get feedback before delivering code to be reviewed and tested
• Developed components for the Life Time Tactical Weight Loss App using React, Next.js. andTypeScript
• Was acknowledged by management for my performance and contribution to improve the development process
Software Developer May 2020 - Oct 2021
Software Developer Intern July 2019 - May 2020
Computer Technology and Software
• Took ownership of an open source library used for giving tours in web applications, updated the code, added new features and improved it to use in the main project and reviewed co-workers' code
• Conducted regular meetings with the team and the product owner to demo new features
• Integrated Swagger UI into the main project using React and NodeJS to automate documentation and testing of RESTful APIs.
Web Developer (part-time, 20 hours per week) Feb – June 2019
Remote software consultancy focusing on strategic design
• Worked with third party APIs such as Mapbox, OpenWeatherMap and Elevation API.
• Conway’sGame of Life App
Developed an app with React where you can play Conway's Game of Life drawing patterns, changing colours, size and shape. It is hosted on Heroku.
• Movie Recommendation Engine
This was my capstone project at the university in a team of three. I designed and developed the web app and helped design the machine learning implementation to recommend movies. We usedReact, Python, Flask and MySQL as the main tech stack.
• RESTful APIs
Developed RESTful APIs with authentication and using JWT Tokens, both with Node.js and Python.
Working Holiday in New Zealand Aug - Dec 2015
Before starting university studies, I took a year off in which I spent 5 months travelling and working around New Zealand. I worked at a packing house and a restaurant where I learned a lot about working with people from all around the world.
Bachelor of Informatics Engineering in Computer Science (GPA: 97/100) 2016- 2020
• Participated in coding competition (Gran Premio deMexico ACM ICPC 2018) in which my team achieved third place.
• Completed 480 hours of community work as a teaching assistant for the Relational Databases course. Besides my help with the class I contributed with my capstone project, a machine learning movie recommendation engine to be used as a case study by students at the university
• Completed 480 hours of community work planting trees at Colomos Urban Forest in 2014
• Enjoy playing tennis once a week with my friends and fiancée
• Love reading including listening to audiobooks while going for a walk
• Adopted the practice of writing 20 minutes a day and it is now one of my favourite activities to relax and meditate
• HTML:to build semantic rich and accessible web content
• CSS/SCSS: to build beautiful and interactive web applications providing high fidelity designs across different screen sizes, and for creating web animations
• React/Next.js: build modern and fast web applications with reusable components
• Node.js/Express: Develop RESTful APIs with built-in authentication
• SQLand Non-SQL Databases: experience designing, building and managing data bases for different applications
• jQuery:not used often with ES6 features now available but have worked a lot with this technology
• Python with Flask: develop applications backend as a REST API with built-in authentication
• Git: Use this daily in all software projects to manage the versions and development process
• Bootstrap: used when the design of an application was not the main priority and a clean interface was needed with standard components for faster development