Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Chemical Engineer with 13+ years experience in cement manufacturing including quality control, production, process, mining, and plant management. Successfully managed complex projects including writing proposals, evaluation, finance, and building and leading project start-ups related to production equipment, alternative fuels and process engineering. Adaptable and supportive team member with highly effective communication skills at all levels, and skilled at providing creative and practical solutions to problems. Committed to people development to ensure quality performance with a strong focus on safety, innovation and delivering results on time and within budget.
Building Materials Producer and Cement Manufacturer
Started at this company as Process Engineer in 2009 and was promoted to Shift Manager the same year. Head of Production for La Calera Plant in 2011, Head of Production for Puerto Montt Plant in 2013, OP Manager for construction of a new site in 2018, Plant Manager for Puerto Montt Plant in 2019 and Mining and Optimization Manager in 2020.
Current Role: Mining and Optimization Manager Jan 2020 – Current
• In charge of the limestone and puzzolan quarries operated by the company to supply raw materials for cement manufacturing
• Lead the process engineering team to obtain top performance for all four cement plants of the company
• Lead new and current initiatives on alternative fuels and alternative raw materials to create a positive impact on the environment and operational costs
• Supply of raw materials in the correct amount, quality, timing and cost for cement operations, complying with local regulations and maintaining good relations with surrounding communities
• Achievement of the technical KPI defined during the budgeting process for the equipment and the product
• Achievement of the co-processing goals, developing new co-processing projects and supplies
Day-to-day activities :
• Lead the review of the process of the plans and propose corrections
• Review the performance of the quarries in terms of production, quality, cost and compliance
• Lead projects meant to create value for the business, improve our performance and ensure a sustainable operation for all the cement plants of the company
• Increase co-processing of alternative fuels, develop new businesses with providers and improve the capabilities of the kiln to perform better with alternative fuels
• Look for new reserves and a sustainable supply of raw materials for the plants.
• Part of the team that develops and follows the sustainability strategy for the company
• Develop the capabilities of the team, for current and future challenges
Plant Manager Jan – Dec 2019
Plant manager of a cement grinding plant, consisting of two mills with 600.000 tons capacity, packing plant and port equipment.
• Direct Supervision of 15 people and indirect supervision of 80 people, including team development
• Responsible for safety, budgeting, new projects, maintenance and production schedules, HR, compliance, environment and community liaison
Day- to- day activities :
• Provided technical and managerial support to area leaders in order to solve operational and human resources issues
• Reviewed the performance of the site in terms of production, quality, cost and compliance
• Ensured the availability of resources to implement projects defined for the site
• Managed major contracts and relationships with key providers and managed relationships with local authorities and local community
OP Manager, new plant construction March – Dec 2018
• Responsible for the operational success and start-up of a new cement grinding plant on a brown field project
• Supervised adherence to safety and environmental compliance, budgeting, KPI definition, team definition, maintenance and production schedules
• Led commissioning team, definition of the punch list and solution to start-up issues to avoid interference between current and future operation
• Reviewed tasks and interferences with plant operations and project team
• Followed up the erection and new site works and ensured successful start-up of the new plant.
• Managed relationships between vendors and the company and managed the punch list and the solution of technical issues related to the start-up.
Head of Production June 2013 – Feb 2018
Production of a grinding cement Plant (300 Ktons/year) and port facilities.
• Responsible for process equipment, grinding and bagging of all shifts
• Production programmer (raw materials, fuels, finished product and personnel)
• Administered KPI’s process with direct supervision of 5 people.
Day-to-day activities :
• Led daily operations meetings to solve plant issues according to budget and equipment availability
• Led process meetings to assess the process performance and product quality, aiming to achieve the KPIs
• Controlled costs (fixed and variable)
• Created plant production schedules and programmed personnel shifts
• Implemented projects at the plant and port facilities
Head of Production June 2011 – May 2013
Head of production of an integrated cement Plant (1 MM tons/year)
• Programmer (raw materials, fuels, finished product and personnel)
• Processed KPI ́s and direct supervision of 28 people (4 Shifts)
• Team leader in refractory works during major kiln stoppages
Production Manager/Process Engineer, integrated cement Plant (1 MM tons/year) Feb 2009 – May 2011
of an integrated cement Plant (1 MM tons/year)
Prior to 2009, I worked as a Process Engineer and Process Engineer Trainee.
• Master of Chemical Engineering
• Master of Business Administration
• Diploma in Engineering Operations Management
• Bachelor of Chemical Engineering
• Reading novels, biographies and science related books
• Enjoy running and working out 3 to 4 days a week
• Gardening, home improvement and spending time with my family