Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Assistant Accountant with experience in creating, improving and following processes and using analytical and problem-solving skills to extract financial data from various reporting systems. Well organized with strong attention to detail with experience that includes managing budgets, payroll, invoicing and bank reconciliations. Effective communicator who enjoys working as part of a team and addressing customer inquiries. Strategic financial management skills developed through recent completion of MBA.
Areas of Expertise
• Using Microsoft Excel and Xero to develop inventory tracking spreadsheets
• Setting up new clients in XERO and MYOB with a customized chart of accounts and tax codes
• WIN FOS, e-BOX [Banking Systems]
• Preparation of Business Activity statement (BAS) and Management Reporting packs
• Setting up employees in Payroll and processing pay runs.
• Calculation of Superannuation payment and PAYG instalments
• Accounting for Deferred GST (DGST) for importer clients
• Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register and posting depreciation runs.
• Sales/Purchase invoicing and allocating payments.
• Reconciliations – Bank, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivables
• Reporting on factors influencing business performance (e.g. ROI ) and implementing solutions
• Negotiated discounts on pharmacy goods resulting in 10% discount on goods & products from suppliers amounting to a savings of approximately $25,000 per year
• Dealt with over 50 customers per day resolving about 75% of inquiries & complaints, following up and escalating some issues to managers for further action
• Reduced the company’s expenditure on imported furniture by suggesting purchasing local-made furniture resulting in cost saving and promoting local businesses
Accountant Intern, Oct 2021 – July 2022
• Efficient processing, analysis and reporting of Account Receivables/Payables; BAS, Payroll & Bank reconciliation using Excel, Xero & MYOB
• Prepared financial statements and tax returns (business & individual) and trained staff
Administration & Payroll Clerk, May 2018 – July 2021
• Calculated wages, salaries, pay raises, shift payments, and overtime compensation
• Issued tax forms and related documentation and assisted employees to complete them
• Deducted tax and insurance payments
• Resolved issues employees with timesheets, payslips, and other payroll matters
• Changed employee bank records when necessary to process payments accurately
Assistant Finance Manager, June 2012 – Jan 2018
Commenced as an account officer and promoted to assistant finance manager in June 2016
• Developed annual budgets in collaboration with financial director and accountant
• Monitored and controlled the flow of cash receipts and disbursements
• Researched and reported on factors influencing business performance
• Supervised and motivated staff
Administrative Officer, Oct 2009 – March 2012
Commenced as an account clerk and was promoted to an administrative officer in 2011
• Assisted with accounting and other administrative functions
• Organised and managed schedules and calendars for staff and management
• Assisted with payroll and updating personnel databases
• Liaised with accounting department to make payments, process incoming invoices, and verify receipts
• Planned, organized and coordinated events
Assistant Manager, Jan 2008 – Aug 2009
• Managed corporate customers’ accounts and resolved issues
• Master of Business Administration (Management), Oct 2018 –Oct 2020
• Bachelor of Commerce, Accounting & Finance
• Diploma of Commerce, Business Management