How many points do you need?
How many points will you need for your Expression of Interest (EOI) to be selected from the Pool?
The short answer is: You will currently need 160 points.
But this can change from one fortnight to another. Please read on, if you would like to understand how the points system works and how you can maximise your chances of being selected.
New Zealand Residence Programme - The latest Selection Result:
The most recent selection of Expressions of Interest (EOIs) under the Skilled Migrant Category took place on 19 February 2020.
810 EOIs with a total of 160 or more points will undergo preliminary verification to determine if an invitation to apply for residency will be issued.
Applicants who weren't selected, most likely do not have a job offer and will not be selected in the future.
We strongly advise our clients not to submit an Expression of Interest unless we can be confident that they have an excellent chance of being selected. In most cases, a job offer is required to pass through this stage of the visa application process successfully.
The make-up of the latest Selection shows the importance of a New Zealand job offer for a successful Selection:
|Successful EOIs With a Job Offer in NZ||Successful EOIs Without a Job Offer in NZ|
|744 (92%)||66 (8%)|
Our advice: Get "document ready" and start your job search before you come to New Zealand!
Watch the following video where Jane Orsman, one of our Job Search Coaches, shares essential tips to help you find a job in New Zealand's competitive employment market:
A lot of valuable work can be done before you arrive. The most efficient way forward is to get the documents ready and start your job search while you are still in your home country! This will save you time and money and improve your chances of being selected.
You can monitor the development of the Skilled Migrant Category fortnightly selections by bookmarking this page. We will keep you up to date on the latest Selection Results.
You can also get in contact with us for a Free Assessment of your migration options:
Read more about our Job Search Program:
Read more about becoming a New Zealand resident through the Skilled Migrant Category:
- The resident visa application process under Skilled Migrant Category
- Will you be able to claim points for your qualifications?
- Will you be able to claim bonus points for your professional expertise?
- Is your profession on the Long Term Skill Shortage List?
- Do you have to be registered in New Zealand?
- Will you meet the English language requirements?
- Have you reached the age limit of the SMC?
Find out more about working in New Zealand:
- Can we guarantee you that you will find a job in New Zealand if you are using our Job Search Service?
- Can you come to New Zealand to look for a job?
- Will you be able to find a job if you do not have a visa yet?
- Nailing the Job Interview
- The 28 best interview replies!
- Tactics for accessing the Hidden Job Market
- What is the next step once you have a job offer?
- Find an Accredited Employer
- Skill shortages in New Zealand
- How much will you be able to earn?
- Your job must be "skilled" to give you points.
Ask our Licensed Immigration Advisers
If you want to find out what it takes to migrate to New Zealand ask our Licensed Immigration Adviser Dr.Carsten Hallwass for a Free Assessment.Free Assessment