The Catch 22 Dilemma and how we can help you solve it!
No visa no job and no job no visa: You need a job to get a visa, but you need a visa to get a job.
Does this sound confusing? Let us explain the Catch 22 dilemma - some call it the hen-and-egg situation - and how we can help you solve it.
Catch-22 per definition:
"A dilemma or difficult circumstance from which there is no escape because of mutually conflicting or dependent conditions."
You need a visa to get a job
Job listings will often say:
"Only applicants with the right to work in New Zealand may apply."
Or: "Unfortunately, we are not able to consider your application if you do not possess a valid work permit or working visa."
Recruiters will respond along the same line:
"Please get back in contact with us once you have obtained either residency or a work permit and we would be only too happy to assist. Good luck with your job search."
You need a job to get a visa
Whether you want to apply for a work visa or a residence visa under the Skilled Migrant Category, you will need a job:
- to apply for a work visa, you will have to provide a job offer with your work visa application;
- to obtain a resident visa under the Skilled Migrant Category, you will have to claim points for a job in New Zealand.
The bottom line of the Catch 22 dilemma is:
- You will find it very difficult to get a job if you do not have a visa;
- Your work visa application will be declined, and your Expression of Interest has no chance of being selected, as long as you cannot provide evidence of a job offer.
The Catch 22 dilemma is a tricky position to be in, a vicious cycle.
If you are looking for a job in New Zealand or want to apply for a Skilled Migrant Visa, you will probably sooner or later feel frustrated as a result, stuck in a dead-end and unable to take your migration plans further.
You need to unravel the knot!
The Solution: Our unique service fusion!
How our unique service fusion will help you overcome the 'Catch 22' or 'Hen and Egg' dilemma:
Our Licensed Immigration Advisers and our Job Search Professionals will coordinate and align your visa application process with your job search and your job search with your visa application.
Your Licensed Immigration Adviser will
- Take care of all visa related aspects of your migration;
- Work hand in hand with our in-house Job Search Professionals daily, here in our office in New Zealand;
- Advise you and the Job Search Team to ensure that your job search stays in line with visa requirements at all times;
- Liaise with your New Zealand employer to educate them about your visa status;
- Facilitate the swift processing of your work visa application.
Your Job Search Team will:
- Take care of all job search-related aspects of your migration;
- Liaise with your Licensed Immigration Adviser throughout your process to ensure that your job search is aligned with your visa application at all times;
- Ensure that you are only applying for positions that fulfil visa requirements and will eventually provide a base for your visa.
By approaching your migration process from both ends - visa application and job hunt - and continuously adapting both services as you progress, you will eventually be able to unravel the Catch 22 dilemma!
Watch our video to find out how we can help you solve the Catch 22 Dilemma:
Read more about the Catch 22 dilemma:
- About the importance of having a job offer to be able to claim enough points for your Expression of Interest to be selected from the pool: How many points do you need?
- Our Licensed Immigration Adviser explains: Why you cannot apply for a visa if you do not have a job
- How the Catch 22 hurdle affects your job search in practice.
Find out what our Immigration Advisers will do for you: What is the next step once you have a job offer?
Are you eligible for a resident visa under Skilled Migrant Category? Find out by using our Quick Self-Check Guide.
Ask our Licensed Immigration Advisers
If you want to find out what it takes to migrate to New Zealand ask our Licensed Immigration Adviser Dr.Carsten Hallwass for a Free Assessment.Free Assessment