Are you a seasoned leader with a background in large-scale manufacturing and a passion for making a significant impact on a key organisation?
This employer is seeking a dynamic Senior Operations Manager to join their established team in Otago, New Zealand. This leadership role offers a unique opportunity to take the helm of a dedicated team, manage critical procurement functions, and drive the success of a large-scale manufacturing site.
You will lead a dedicated lumber manufacturing team of more than 40 people, responsible for over 20% of the total group lumber business output. Leading the lumber process, a background in the forestry or wood processing sectors will stand you in good stead for this varied and critical role.
Your role will encompass site-wide leadership, operational oversight, procurement and contract negotiation, budgetary management, and fostering strong relationships with staff, industry, suppliers stakeholders, shareholders and the community.
- Provide leadership, vision, and direction to the operations, ensuring safety, efficiency, and environmental responsibility.
- Manage all aspects of operations, meeting business objectives within the strategic plan and budget.
- Mentor and develop team members, conducting reviews and succession planning.
- Develop and implement health, safety and environment plans, complying with legal and environmental requirements.
- Manage product output flow plans, communicate with suppliers, and make competitive raw materials purchases.
- Cultivate a productive and empowering work culture, maintaining the necessary pool of skills and knowledge, whilst planning for future succession.
- Establish measures for continuous improvement in operational efficiencies.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships internally and externally.\
- Degree or equivalent in business or a related discipline.
- Previous managerial experience in manufacturing or industrial environments.
- Prior experience in the forestry or wood processing industries would be advantageous.
- People management experience, leading and motivating teams of at least 10 direct reports.
- Understanding of LEAN manufacturing principles (advantageous).
- Primary industry experience (advantageous).
- Strong interpersonal, relationship, and influencing skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High attention to detail and excellent time management.
What's in it for You:
In return for your skills and experience in the industry and broader heavy manufacturing environments, you will drive a leadership role with autonomy. You will have opportunities for career growth within the organisation following significant contribution to the overall business.
This employer has a supportive team culture with a positive work environment and fosters growth and development. A very competitive remuneration package with a healthy base salary (reflective of your skills and experience) and a long list of benefits is on offer.
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.