About the organisation
- This is an independent charity of 40 + years tenure.
- Being not for profit, the focus here is on outcomes and delivering a quality service, not revenue drivers
- They provide residential rehabilitation, respite and recreational services for adults with physical or neurological impairments.
- Majority MoH contracts, some ACC
About the Job
- Based out of the Lower Hutt facility you’ll work across a 44 bed residential service as well as in the community.
- Manage your own caseload. Diverse and complex client base covering lower end rehab services through to moderate to severe brain injury.
- Focus on what clients can do, not what they can’t do. Achieved in a functional manner through engagement in real life activities
- Holistic and values based team environment and a high trust model - they are all adults, everyone communicates and supports each other
- Work with a team of other Allied Health providers (Clinical Psychologists, OT, PT, SLT, Behaviour specialists) and receive support from Rehab Coaches (Support workers).
- ACC & MoH contracts - TI and “Living my Life”
- Will consider part time (minimum 20 hours)
- Monday to Friday, some flexibility with start and finish times, some work from home flexibility
- An experienced OT with preferably 2 years experience - must hold Occupational Therapy Board registration, and a current Annual Practising Certificate
- Neuro rehab, brain injury experience ideal
- Strong and creative problem solver, outcomes driven, persistent and motivated by delivering a great service to clients
- Skilled communicator and naturally collaborative
- A passion for working with people - your patients are the centre of your work
- Be committed to ongoing professional development.
- Full Drivers License
What’s in it for you?
- Salary in line with DHB MECA payscale
- Free Parking, access to fleet cars or mileage
- Laptop and phone
- Registration, APC and supervision costs all covered
- Staff Uniform
- Structured orientation and induction with a mix of online modules and clinical observations with residents and in the community
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.