This employer is one of New Zealand's longest serving home building companies. The locally owned and operated Christchurch North branch is looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their busy team.
As a Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will work with clients as their trusted expert. With the support of other QS’s in the team, you will put together solutions from the range of plans and services they offer, ensuring a wonderful home building experience.
You will be a master at understanding and anticipating your client’s needs, with the expertise to find the solution that fits the bill, along with the people skills to be a trusted advisor through a big decision-making journey.
To be successful in this role you must be/have:
- A proven ability to build rapport with customers confident in ensuring the delivery of excellent service
- Quantity Surveying estimating qualification or equivalent relevant experience.
- A minimum 5 year’s Quantity Surveying experience
- The ability to plan, monitor and control costs
- Ability to relate credibly with all level’s of those involved in the project.
- High level of numeracy, with systematic and methodical approach
- Excellent knowledge of construction materials
- Be an organised individual that can manage priorities under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Collaborative and team orientated
- Sound knowledge of building methodology 3604.
- Experience using CostX
Your day-to-day tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Accurately estimate and prepare detailed cost estimates and quotations
- Completion of full trade and elemental take-off
- Oversee the accurate pricing, agreement and processing of project variations all to meet the contract timelines
- Back costing
- Work with the designer and sales team to ensure cost effective building solutions and propositions are developed
- Prepare contract documentation
- Managing construction procurement
- Face-to-face consultations with clients – walking clients through the process of contract cost, anticipating their needs and offering sound advice
If you believe you have what it takes to add real value to this company and are motivated by this opportunity, then make sure to contact your job search specialist!
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.