About the organisation
- This charitable organisation is not a property developer. They are all about empowering people, families and communities.
- They achieve this through the provision of quality aged-care and social services across the lower North Island.
- Their retirement villages, rest homes, hospital and dementia care are focused on creating elder centred communities where people have companionship, variety, choice and control, as well as meaningful activity and purpose.
About the job
- This is a clinical leadership role of an established 40 bed rest home located in Johnsonville with a long standing and strong team.
- A new secure dementia unit will be opened in early 2024 and you'll support the Care Home Manager with establishing this facility - admissions (34 bed capacity but these won't be opened all at once), gaining accreditation etc...
- Access to a dedicated GP, nurse consultant, IT specialist, Consultant Physio, HR/Admin and Quality team - all to support you to lead your team and deliver quality care
- A senior leader within the group, you'll attend regular reporting and management meetings, both within the Home and with the wider management team.
Experience and attributes required
Amazing values based people are what makes this organisation. Without a doubt this is the perfect job for a kind and collaborative nurse leader who is adaptable, flexible and has the desire to go the extra mile for residents. In addition:
- Registered Nurse with current APC
- Experience as a Clinical Nurse Manager in the aged care environment.
- Passion for the wellbeing of older people. Dementia experience ideal
- You will be an excellent communicator with brilliant interpersonal skills who is committed to making a difference
- Clinically confident, able to make strong clinical decisions
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.