Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Water Resource Engineer with 6 years’ experience in project management with a major organisation in charge of water quality and supply. Skilled in hydrological and hydraulic modelling and water allocation activities from major reservoirs to agriculture through operation plan. Technically competent and motivated team player with effective interpersonal and communication abilities. Result-oriented and motivated to learn from peers and more senior team members. Qualified with a Post GraduateDiploma in Water and Environmental Engineering.
• CAD, Revit Auto, Arc GIS, MS Project and SAP 2000
• QGIS: hydrological application for catchment areas
• River Ware: for water allocation planning model for reservoir system
• SWAT and HEC HMS: calculating inflows for the catchment areas
• VISTA DSS: bulk water allocation planning model and developing seasonal operational plans
• Communication: participate in water panel meetings to present solutions about bulk water allocations related to reservoirs and canals
• Problem-Solving: identified problems in VISTA DSS model and decided on appropriate solutions with the HATCH team
• Critical Thinking: manage water through dry periods
• Team Work: collaborate with hydrological sector team members to ensure projects are delivered on time and to high standards
• Report Writing: produce technical reports and present findings
• Statistical Analysis: thorough understanding of the broad suite of hydrological statistics
July 2016 – present
Commenced as a Civil engineer and appointed as Hydrologist in 2017
Overview: Surface water management in a major reservoir cascade system
• Develop computer models to track water supply and demand to ensure that the reservoir can meet future needs
• Predict and analyse water distribution and rainfalls
• Prepare reports on findings and make recommendations for further action
• Analyse and manage manual and real-time DataBase
• Preparing seasonal Operation Plans (SOP) andSeasonal Summary Reports (SSR) for every season
• Operation of VISTA DSS software and observation and management of HMIS stations.
• Developed an Excel template for VISTA DSS database, integrating all calculations to replace the old time-consuming process
• Detected errors in VISTA DSS model while combining real-time data and resolved them to optimize station usage
• Utilized SWAT model to generate new inflow values, replacing the outdated HEC 4 approach
• Successfully trained two hydrological assistants who were recently hired
• Conducted post-graduate research that led to the identification of issues in VISTA DSS model
• Project: Variations of the water management model used in the Mahaweli system, supervised by Prof K.D.W. Nandalal
As Civil Engineer between July 2016 and Dec 2017
• Project Implementation and coordination of Climate Resilience Improvement Project (CRIP)
• Procurements in CRIP
• Conducted and supervised soilLaboratory tests and analysed results
• Arranged training sessions for technical staff involved in CRIP projects
Dec 2015 - April 2016
Oct 2013 - Jan 2014
Oct 2014- Jan 2015
• Post Graduate Diploma in Water and Environmental Engineering
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
• Associate member of IESL Member ID:AM-19073
• Completed certificate level of CIMA
• Committee member of Civil Engineering Society CES (2013-2014)
• Committee Member of Civil Engineering Society, Faculty of Engineering
• Team member of the University Basketball team (2013-2015)
• Participated in University Games (SLUG)-2013
• Championship Obtained in National Youth Sports Festival-District meet
• Participated to interfaculty fresher’s championship for hockey, netball, and basketball
• Member of the society Students for Sustainability (SFS) 2015
• Participated Member of the Art Circle, Faculty of Engineering (2011- 2015)
• Member of Gavel Club, Faculty of Engineering (2011-2015)
• Active member of the ARUNALLA Charity and a resource person for the Arunella O/L seminar Series (2012-2013)
• Vegetable gardening in limited spaces
• Listening to classical music.
• Preparing various types of cuisines and inventing new recipes