Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Resourceful and enthusiastic educator with current experience as a Teaching Assistant and Relief Teacher with 2 New York schools, catering to many students from disadvantaged backgrounds. Experienced in teaching 9 -12year olds and in special education classrooms. Enjoy creating a positive, environment that encourages self-belief, confidence and resilience. Living and working in different countries has developed a good understanding of diversity and cultural differences, and a desire to make a difference.
• Engaging and connecting with young people and maintaining a high level of positivity and enthusiasm
• Presenting ideas via values based activities
• Resourcefulness and classroom management with ability to adapt to challenging situations
• Creating lesson plans based on a thorough understanding of the curriculum
• Multi-cultural openness to ensure all students feel included
• Conflict resolution and de-escalation skills used to create a judgement free environment
• Using clear communication skills to engage with students from other language backgrounds
March 2023 — Present
Overview: teach underprivileged children in an inner-city environment, and ensure that lesson plans are followed and the classroom is running smoothly in the absence of the regular teacher
• Create and deliver fun & energetic classroom activities
• Interpret lesson plans and tailor to the class and situation
• Build confidence and shape values, and empower students to overcome challenges
• Report to the teacher of any incidents that disrupted the class
• At the end of the day write an assessment of the students’ performance of the day
2016 - 2018 and 2019 - 2022
• Food prep, creating event menus and managing economic aspects of the business
Public Relations & Researcher
Jan 2021 —July 2022
• Managed Social Media, took photos, video, and assiste dwith oﬃce administration
English Tutor for Early Morning Reading Program
Oct 2017 —May 2018
• Tutored children in English at a breakfast Remedial program for inner city children in Brooklyn
Feb 2015 — March 2016
• Assisted at Homeless shelter, mostly helping with distribution of hot food and other resources
• Currently completing M.A. in Global History (Oct 2019 – present)
• B.A, in World History (2008 – 2013)
Enjoy exploring cities with my camera and skateboard as well as volunteering for social justice issues