Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Experience in teaching English as an additional language at a variety of levels from preschool to adults. Employ a reflective approach to teaching and professional development and have demonstrated ability to work autonomously within curriculum guidelines. Enjoy creating a supportive learning environment and contributing to a culture of continuous improvement with a focus on student-centred teaching. Skilled in developing culturally appropriate teaching material including writing monthly plans, written tests and telephone testing of students.
ESOL Teaching: Experience in teaching English as an additional language at a variety of levels from preschool to adults. Employ a reflective approach to teaching and professional development and have demonstrated ability to work autonomously within curriculum guidelines. Enjoy creating a supportive learning environment and contributing to a culture of continuous improvement with a focus on student-centred teaching.
Teaching Resource Development: Skilled in developing culturally appropriate teaching material including writing monthly plans, written tests and telephone testing of students
Assessments: Experience in carrying out assessment work including the assessment and training of students for Business (speaking, listening)
Cultural Competency/Rapport Building:Possess strong interpersonal skills and enjoy contributing in a team environment. Sensitivity to other cultures' values and practices and awareness of the difficulties faced by second language learners
Research and interpreting: Experience as an intern, dealing with a variety of social sectors and translating documents. One year experience as a University researcher in South Korea, translating and researching botanical study data
Technology: Proficient user of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Microsoft Teams
Languages: Fluency in English, Japanese and Korean as well as advanced-levelMandarin
• 10 years experience teaching English in South Korea, to all ages from preschool, elementary to adults entitled to the hall of fame as ‘The Best teacher’ of my school in 2014 and 2023
• Was promoted toContent Developer which resulted in the creation of marketing material
• As faculty manager contributed to dramatic growth in students’ enrolments
• My friendlypersonality helped me to succeed as a trading business manager which hasincluded contributing to international Arts and craft shows exhibiting Koreancultural arts to clients from USA, Germany, Japan, Turkey, UAE and China
Since 2011 I have worked part-time as a Trade Interpreter with a variety of sectors and attended international arts and craft shows
Jan 2021- Current
• Manage the curriculum and interact with teachers from USA,South Africa, UK and Canada
• Write monthly plans of CAT (cognitive ability test) based projects and write monthly ESL plans, written tests and telephone testing of students
Jan– Dec 2019
• Developed a program focusing on phonics level.
• Created online content including fun activities and games.
Sept 2016 – Dec 2017
• Wrote monthly plans, prepared activities, organized events and held weekly meetings with teachers
July 2014 – Aug 2016
• Wrote monthly plans, prepared written tests and telephone testing of students.
• Taught English, to all ages from preschool, elementary to adults
Prior to 2014 I was employed as a Researcher at Gwangju Uni, Korea, and as a TeachingAssistant in the TESOL department in the University of Education, and taught Business English
• Bachelor of International Trade and Business Management
• Master of Education in Curriculum and Instruction
• Diploma in English (Upper Intermediate)
• Advanced Certificate in Intensive English
• Practical English Language Teaching TESOL Certificate
• Travel: Have explored Africa, China, France, Germany, HK, Italy, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Spain, U.K., U.S.A., U.A.E.
• Enjoy reading, rugby, Haka, movies, photography, music
• Participated in extra curricular volunteer program at Unitec, Auckland