Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Systems/Data Analyst with experience in technical project and team management within a large and complex organization. Skilled at finding value in the hidden connections between disparate datasources and troubleshooting production issues. Consistently deliver on project goals, writing clear technical specs, and managing project needs and critical dependencies. Strength in synthesizing information into meaningful metrics and developing solutions for stakeholders to access data when they need it. Effective communicator and relationship builder dedicated to maintaining positive professional relationships and providing excellent customer service. Recent co-presenter at Slate Innovation conference on using custom API’s for keeping the data in Slate in sync with ERP data.
SIS Manager Dec 2012 –present
• ManageSIS (Student Information Systems and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) teams of developer/analysts that work on the SIS module of PSU’s ERP system
• Administered complex projects that involve multiple IT departments and multiple administrative departments, and primarily designed to improve student experience
• Transformed complex business rules and data into streamlined analytical tables for reporting and end-user access
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert on SIS applications and data and provide troubleshooting on complex production issues, proactively resolving issues before they escalate
• Communicate with departments and stakeholders on project statuses and process improvement efforts
• Provided technical recommendations and expertise on continuous development and integration including git and change control configuration
• Conduct internal controls assessments and audits to ensure PSU standards are met while minimizing risk
Senior Analyst/Manager Nov 2007 - Nov 2012
• Developed complex data projects and data security enhancement projects and served as primary technical expert in SQL, database structure, project design, administrative data, and emergency troubleshooting
• Performed key role as backup database administrator and managed the data team comprising five data analysts and one BI analyst
• Presented analysis on software applications, database management, and overall interpretation
• Identified strengths and opportunities for administrative departments
Additional employment as Database Administrator and Analyst/Programmer at Reed College, and Analyst/Programmer at American Management Systems
Bachelor of Computer Science
• Enjoy reading science fiction, especially old science fiction
• Doing home improvement projects and working in the garden
• Worked backstage as a theatre volunteer, while at university, working my way up to assistant stage manager
• Data Analysis: adept at creating ad-hoc reports for data-driven decision needs; familiar with Tableau for creating polished reports
• SQL: 20+years of SQL programming experience, mostly with Oracle and PL/SQL but alsoMicrosoft SQL and T-SQL, with a focus on ANSI standard SQL for cross-compatibility
• Database Administration: Served as Oracle DBA atUniversity of Portland making production changes and recommendations to PSU’sOracle Database in consultation with DBA team
• Linux: well versed in using the Linux command line for programming and diagnostics; have written numerous Linux shell script
• Python: Python for embedding SQL and Java for writing API for extracting ERP data into third-party systems