Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Sales & Business Development professional with extensive experience in sales and marketing, along with a successful track record of developing and implementing business strategies, managing sales teams, and delivering results. Excel at managing P&L, identifying new opportunities, promoting the latest technology and developing strategic plans to drive innovation. Experienced in training and mentoring staff to build high-performing sales teams, and proven track record of exceeding sales targets and building strong customer relationships.
• Strategic Planning: developed 3-5 Strategic Plans for EA in conjunction with the Southern Africa Business Manager, resulting in the successful growth of the business unit.
• New Business Development: identified and closed new business opportunities, resulting in increased sales revenue and marketshare.
• P&L Management: managed P&L and working capital, resulting in optimized profitability and financial performance.
• Sales Performance: achieved annual budget in sales and contribution margin, while focusing on growth and optimizing price and profitability.
• Supply Chain Management: identified, proposed, and implemented supply chain solutions to service EA customers, resulting in improved customer satisfaction and increased efficiency.
• Team Management: mentored and trained entry/new sales roles, resulting in high-performing sales teams and improving overall sales performance.
• Communication; provided timely monthly reports and clear communication with internal and external stakeholders, improving collaboration and successful outcomes.
• Market Research: conducted extensive research to identify the core product basket, resulting in successful market penetration and increased sales.
July 2021- present
H.B. Fuller Ltd, Industrial adhesives manufacturing company
Overview: grow and retain HB Fuller's market share and customer base for Engineering Adhesive Business Unit while achieving profit sales targets
• Created and implemented a successful business development strategy focused on growth
• Identify the core product basket for the market and optimise price and profitability.
• Deliver annual budget in sales and margin and manage P&L and working capital
• Develop 3-5 Strategic Plans for EA in conjunction with Business Manager
• Train and mentor entry/new sales roles
• Identify, develop, close new business opportunities, and communicate forecasting needs to the global business
• Provide monthly reports and internal/external communication, and collaborate with stakeholders
• Manage the impact on profitability from terms and conditions, supply chain, days outstanding, and other aspects
• Present to a broad and diverse group, maintaining group focus, and respond to questions
• Apply problem-solving skills using technical knowledge to support customers
March 2020 – June 2021
Schoeller Allibert, manufacturing Returnable Transit Packaging (RTP)
Overview: planned, implemented, and managed all sales activities and led and managed sales teams to achieve targets
• Managed key accounts and developed new business
• Developed, revised, and aligned sales strategy with company strategy
• Achieved and improved on annual agreed sales turnover and expanded customer base
• Reviewed local market conditions and identified sales opportunities
• Established and maintained effective working relationships with customers
• Examined risks and potential, and ensured high ethical standards and compliance with regulations
• Managed and updated price guidelines, approved price requests outside of formal pricing, and negotiated product specification
• Ensured delivery due dates were met and stock levels maintained, monitored orders against delivery plan, and managed debtors
March 2018 – Feb 2020
Automa Multi Styrene (Pty) Ltd, foam products and insulation board manufacturer
Overview: drove sales growth and profitability by effectively managing sales personnel, and developing effective strategies.
• Marketed and sold a range of products to different market segments, including the automotive, construction, and agricultural industries
• Provided accurate forecasts of annual, quarterly and monthly revenue streams, targets and budgets
• Managed a national team consisting of regional sales managers and sales & marketing representatives
• Collaborated with Finance to establish and recommend sales goals
• Managed assigned product lines to maximize revenue and meet corporate objectives
• Formulated sales policies and developed plans to ensure revenue growth across all products
• Identified changes within the industry, competitive pressures, and proactively modified sales strategies
• Reviewed sales expenses and recommended economies
• Recruited, selected, orientated, and trained new employees and provided supervision through field visits, observation, and measurement of results to inform performance appraisals and salary reviews
July 2017 – Feb 2018
Stanley Black & Decker (Pty) Ltd, tools and storage company, commercial electronic security company, and engineered fastening systems
Overview: managed and developed the dealer / sub dealer network and developed new channels of distribution based on market requirements.
• Managed industrial sales channel and established key relationships with stakeholders
• Delivered RSA Traditional Channel Plan to achieve top-line and margin targets as per company objectives
• Developed and maintained strong relationships with distributors, customers, and key accounts
• Managed market operational requirements such as forecasting and service levels
• Co-ordinated and participated in key account presentations
Sept 2015 – June 2017
Akfix (Pty) Ltd, eco-friendly, life-esteem chemical products and technologies
Overview: developed and implemented a channel partnership strategy for the market, and led, managed and enhanced the brand through marketing campaigns and activities that delivered consistent sales growth.
2008 – 2015
Henkel (Pty) Ltd, Laundry & Home Care, Beauty Care and Adhesive Technologies
Overview: led and managed a team while driving sales growth and meeting financial targets. Developed a strong sales foundation, which included being awarded the ‘Go Getter Junior Executive Award’ for international growth markets.
• Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing Management (2015)
• Leading People Successfully (LPS) (2017), Stanley Black & Decker (Pty) Ltd
• Price Management (2015), Henkel (Pty) Ltd
• Professional Sales Leadership (2015), The Gap Consulting Group - UK
• The Complete Skilled Negotiator (2013) The Gap Consulting Group - UK
• Value Pricing Model (2012) Henkel (Pty) Ltd
• Peak Performance Management (2012) Henkel (Pty) Ltd
Enjoy playing squash, mountain biking, golf and motor sports