Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Chartered Quantity Surveyor (Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyor, UK) with a BSc in Quantity Surveying from the University of Reading, UK, and 20+ years’ experience inCost Management, Quantity Surveying & Contracts Administration. Experience includes managing projects in urban development, roading, drainage and utilities. Broad experience with various international standard forms of contracts and measurements.
Areas of Expertise
• Measurements/Tendering & Awards
• Procurement & Contract Documentation
• Cost Reporting & Cash flow Forecasting
• Final Accounting & Contract Close out
• Contract Administration
• Cost Management & Estimates
• Change Control procedure
• Risk Management & Analysis
• Interim Contract Payments
• Claim Management
• Pre & Post Cost Management
• Bill of Quantities Preparation
Lusail CityDevelopment – Doha, State of Qatar
Lusail City Development is covering an area of 38 km2 subdivided into 19 different districts. The residential components of the development will offer 50,000dwelling units in a mix of townhouses, villas, and apartments. Other districts include retail, commercial (including iconic high-rise towers), entertainment and hospitality, marine, medical, education, golf districts, and civic facilities. The infrastructure services at Lusail City are designed to be state-of-the-art utilities serving over 560,000 residents and visitors.
New OrbitalHighway and Truck Route – Doha, State of Qatar
New Orbital Highway and Truck Route is a 195km long highway road developed in four phases which will include the construction of 21 interchanges, tunnels, and flyovers. The construction and development of an integrated infrastructure road network equipped with advanced technologies such as stormwater networks, electrical services, and intelligent transport systems. It includes the construction of a new dual carriageway connecting theNew Doha Port and the Hamad International Airport. The total duration of the project is approximately 6 years.
Senior Cost Manager July 2011 to present
Turner and Townsend, Qatar, Professional consultancy service for Construction Industry with branches worldwide(140 employees in Qatar) https://www.turnerandtownsend.com
• Collaboratively work and develop good relationships with clients and stakeholders internally and externally.
• Dealing effectively with post-contract cost variances and the change control process.
• ContractAdministration will include correspondence, claims assessment & quantumAssessment
• Tendering and procuring, including managing the pre-qualification stage, producing the tender list, putting the preliminaries together, tender analysis, producing the tender report and compiling the contractual documents
• Review and assess Contractor’s applications including site inspection.
• Supporting developing and securing new business opportunities as required.
• Preparation of cost estimate for potential and actual variation at all stages (ROM toPTE).
• Where appropriate, leading a cost management team, ensuring that they deliver on all the above accountabilities
• Ensure the project and program contract, cost, quality, and time are compliance in accordance with the contract
Senior Quantity Surveyor June 2006 – June 2011
Gardiner and Theabold International, UnitedArab Emirates, consultancy service for Construction Industry (75 employees) https://www.gardiner.com
• Ensure the project and program contract, cost, quality, and time are in compliance in accordance with the contract.
• Scrutinising and verifying applications for interim payments
• Producing monthly post-contract cost reports and presenting them to client
• Managing change control in accordance with contracts
• Interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
• Promote commercial awareness throughout the project
• Attending commercial meeting
• Support formal dispute resolution process and contract close-out strategy as required
Prior to 2006, I was employed as a Quantity Surveyor with Parsons International Ltd, Qatar, https://www.parsons.com, DG Jones and Partners, Dubai, https://www.dgjonesworld.com, and Trafalgar Technical Services (Pvt) Ltd, Dubai, https://www.ttsgulf.com
• BSc in Quantity Surveying (external degree)conducted by College of Estate Management, University of Reading, UnitedKingdom
• City & Guilds of London Instituted Examination inQuantity surveying (Part 1 and II)
• National Certificate in Technology in Quantity Surveying (Three year course conducted by the Ministry of Higher Education of Sri Lanka)
Professional Member of The Royal Institution of CharteredSurveyors(MRICS)
Associate Member of Institute of Quantity Surveyors, SriLanka, as an APC Assessor and Counsellor of Royal Institution Chartered QuantitySurveyors
• JCT 05 SBC, United Kingdom
• FIDIC 87 (4th Edition) & FIDIC99
• CESMM3 – Civil Engineering Standard Method ofMeasurement
• Engineering Procurement Contracts – EPC
• SMM 7 – Standard Method of Measurement
• Principals of Measurements (international)
• Sports Secretary of Society ofSri Lanka Quantity Surveyors
• Play badminton most weekends
• Practice Yoga most days to keep mentally and physically fit
• Enjoy singing and playing the guitar
• MS Excel, Word, Project, AutoCAD, MicroStation, Primavera (project planning package)
• Preparation of BOQ using CostX (construction estimating software)