Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Quality Assurance Engineer with 8 years’ experience working in an Agile environment and with different testing tools. Proactive when working with businesses to understand requirements, priorities and managing User Acceptance testing (UAT). Clear verbal and written communication skills to convey ideas to both technical and non-technical people and write detailed test cases. Enjoy collaborating, ensuring my value to the team goes beyond finding bugs, and contributing to the strategic direction and technical roadmap of software automation toolsets and automated testing processes. Commitment to team development through coaching and mentoring with experience in conducting API training for colleagues. Certified in ISTQB, Sumo Logic and Infor TaaS.
Overview: Assigned to different clients to be part of an agile team to guarantee product quality by conducting manual and automation testing for performance, reliability and security
• Analyse user stories by estimating effort and prioritizing testing activities and write test cases based on the acceptance criteria of the user story
• Develop functional and API test scripts using C# and Appium for .NET MAUI app
• Maintain test suite by updating existing test scripts and optimising reusable test methods
• Review pull requests assigned to me by other QEs
• Perform regression testing by executing test suite and manual testing
• Create detailed bug reports on issues found during testing and retest when fixed
• Build test automation framework by creating a library of reusable methods used by multiple test cases
• Work closely with the developers to improve product testability and error handling
• Identify, track and create a detailed document of bugs encountered during testing using AzureDevOps
• Collaborate by attending daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning, review and retrospective meetings
• Proposed the use ofPage Object Model as a design pattern for readability and maintainability
• Learnt a new technology and helped build its test automation framework. Currently assigned to a project using .Net MAUI, a new framework developed by Microsoft and released in May 2022. Researched what tools to use to be able to test the product and assisted the QE architect build the test automation framework by creating the base tests for the API test scripts
Overview: as part of the Infor Sales Hub team, performed both manual and automation testing for desktop and mobile to ensure the product’s customer experience and integration to the enterprise solution.
• Created and maintained test automation scripts in a CI environment used in regression testing
• Reviewed, provided suggestions and approved test scripts created by other testers
• Developed functions to reduce duplicate actions for reuse indifferent scenarios.
• Conducted manual regression testing on devices not covered by automation, exploratory testing to increase coverage and daily smoke test
• Identified and reported issues with proper documentation for developers to recreate and fix issues faster
• Prepared daily report to project manager containing test execution results, bugs reported and test coverage
• Proposed and initiated TDD (Test Driven Development) process to the team to increase QA involvement in the design phase, working side‑by‑side with the developers and BA by creating functional test cases based on requirements which will be the basis for developers for new features.
• Developed hybrid test scripts that combine both functional and API testing which greatly reduced test plan execution time by 50% and decreased dependency to other Infor products.
• Implemented a solution that enables all test scripts to be reusable in all testing environments with unique data sets and configurations.
• Developed hybrid test scripts that combine both functional and API testing which greatly reduced test plan execution time by 50% and decrease dependency to other Infor products
• Implemented a solution that enables all test scripts to be reusable in all testing environments with unique data sets and configurations
• Certified AdvancedAutomation Engineer for Infor Testing as a Service
• Created and maintained queries in Sumo Logic to detect errors recorded in logs to assist developers
• Worked with the developer and business analyst to ensure that the payroll module met the requirements defined and new features work as intended by testing both manual and automation.
• Discovered a critical bug involving incorrect state and local tax calculations due to update in 2018 for certain US states. I was able to raise the bug and it was fixed before releasing the new version of Payroll.
• Updated test cases to provide detailed calculations of state and local taxes to ensure verification
• Transformed requirement specifications into test scenarios and performing different testing methods for desktop and mobile platforms.
• Received a commendation from the manager for learning theLendFast banking solution quickly which includes learning the Australian mortgage process.
• Performed unit testing for embedded software used in the automotive industry which involves analyzing MATLAB diagrams, creating client-specific test patterns, and generating test reports
• Executed test patterns using MultiIDE and winAMS to verifyMCDC test coverage
• Reviewed test patterns created by other testers and provided corrections and feedback before progressing to the next testing phase
• Passed and certified as a cross-checker for low-level specifications by Denso Techno which requires 30 hours of error-free unit tests and 100% MCDC coverage. This allowed me to check other testers' work before proceeding to the next phase of testing
• Selected in a new project: Integration testing which involved creating stubs and drivers written in C programming
• Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (2009 - 2013)
• Sumo Logic Certified (Fundamentals, Administration, Search Mastery, Security andCompliance)
Oct 2020 – Oct 2022
• Certified Advanced Automation Engineer (Sept 2019 – Present)
• Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL) (June 2018 – Present)
• PHILNITS Level 1 (April 2014 – Present)
• Enjoy playing football and joined Infor Football Club when I was an employee at Infor. Also enjoy working out in the gym to stay fit
• Holiday travel to immerse myself in new cultures and visit local attractions
• Learning foreign languages; attended Italian language courses and also currently studying Japanese via books and apps
• Software Automation Testing, Software Quality Assurance, Black/White Box Testing, Functional/Non-Functional Testing, API Testing, Test Planning, Agile
• Knowledge of different testing types - Ensure product quality by employing different testing types applicable to the objectives such as functional and non-functional testing
• Design and write test cases - Use of testing techniques when designing test cases to increase test coverage. Write detailed and reusable test cases.
• Create SQL queries - Verify data from the application to the database by creating queries.
• Proficiency in Defect Management and Test Management tools -Use of JIRA, Azure DevOps, HP ALM in reporting and tracking bugs as well as maintaining test cases.
• Knowledgeable with CI/CD - Use Git, Azure DevOps and Jenkins to commit and push test scripts in the pipeline to be executed automatically daily.