Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Qualified Outdoor Instructor/Educator with 10+ years’ experience in developing and leading outdoor programmes, including water based activities. Strong leadership and organisational qualities with confidence in facilitating groups and building teams. Confident communicator and excel at adapting teaching to connect with people from diverse backgrounds. My university degree and subsequent experience in working on conservation projects around the world has equipped me with the knowledge and tools to work with a variety of species in different environments such as Huttons Shearwaters (Kaikoura, NZ), Thresher Sharks (Philippines), and Pilot Whales (Tenerife,Spain).
June 2022 - present
• Skipper small boat cruises while giving well researched talks to customers on board the hour-long cruises
• Tailor the journey to fit the conditions and expectations and deliver high quality customer engagement while skippering the boat safely and professionally
• Achieved excellent customer feedback and many highly rated TripAdvisor reviews
Nov 2021-Sept 2022
• Supervised, guided and coached children and adults in a range of outdoor activities and sports
including; paddle boarding, kayaking, canoeing, raft building, climbing, archery, bushcraft, hillwalking, rock pooling, wildlife watching and ID and basic geology
Between Dec 2019 and March 2021, I was employed as a Landscape Gardener.
April - Oct 2019
• Used knowledge of marine wildlife to engage and inform guests about the biodiversity of the Hebridean seas
• Wrote and delivered scientifically accurate and professionally researched talks on the ecology of the area, while ensuring customer safety and a high-quality on-board experience
• Supervised volunteers on board to gather and log marine mammal data
• Piloted launch tender and performed crew tasks such as rope handling and boat maintenance.
TOP10 Holiday Park, Kaikoura
• Managed and maintained the holiday park including overnight duty and guest check ins.
Sept 2016- April 2018
Dolphin and Albatross Encounter, Kaikoura
• Delivered outstanding tours to large groups, conducting informational talks to promote conservation and give a unique and memorable experience
• Improved Encounter’s social media reach and following by hosting regular Instagram and Facebook Live Q&A and wildlife talks during the 3-hour tours
April 2014 - Nov 2015
• Delivered talks and supervised guests in their snorkel with shark experience while managing welfare and husbandry of the animals
Sept - Dec 2013
• Coordinated important marine surveys in target areas for target species and supervised volunteers on over 50 dives . Set up a dive program to continue the work I instigated which continued successfully after I left.
April 2012 - Jan 2014
• Operated In-Shore B Class Atlantic 85 and D Class lifeboats during search and rescue boat handling, radio communications, casualty care, navigation and radar
Sept 2009 - Sept 2010
• In charge of scientific dives and data acquisition on 350 dives and trained new volunteers
• Presented marine biology lessons in local highschool
• Helped to improve conservation of thresher sharks and manta rays in the area through my research
• Bachelor Science (BSc) in Marine Biology (hons)
• PADI Rescue Diver
• British Canoeing Paddlesport Leader, White Water Safety & Rescue, and Sea Kayak Leader
• Mountain Training UK Lowland Leader & NICAS Climbing Wall Instructor
As an avid outdoorsman, I enjoy hiking, camping, exploring nature and generally seeking adventure. I also love being on the water and have a passion for paddlesports such as paddle boarding, kayaking and canoeing. I have also taken up indoor climbing, having gained an instructor level qualification and want to pursue it further.
My enthusiasm for wildlife outside of my career has led me to frequently engage in spotting and identifying various species, particularly marine life and birds, both on my own and on guided trips. Through this pursuit, I have developed an interest in photography, particularly wildlife photography and have recently taken up drawing and painting, which has helped with my understanding of the natural world.