Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Procurement Officer experienced in developing and implementing rules and procedures, managing supplier relationships, negotiating contracts, and ensuring that procurement activities are cost-effective and efficient. Skilled in gathering data for the procurement process and developing relationships with key suppliers. Supportive team player with an eye for detail, exceptional problem-solving abilities, and a Master’s qualification in professional accounting as well as training in Procurement.
• Contract negotiation, Supplier Management / Performance and Procurement Strategy
• Vendor Selection and Bid evaluation.
• Project and Contract Management and stakeholder engagement
• Category Management, Cost Reduction, and Legal and Regulatory compliance
• Strategy Planning and Budget Management
• Communicate effectively with stakeholders, including suppliers, vendors, and internal departments
• Competency in using SAP (Cosoft & ProSoft)
• Competency in using STEP Model (World Bank)
• Competency in using Excel and ILLION tender link(E-Procurement)
• Financial Management Information System software (FMIS)
• Unicorn for planning and controlling runs, and analysing results
• Company specific ERP system and MYOB Accounting software
July 2023 - Present
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH - GIZ Project Administration Unit
Overview: The smooth execution of tasks related to procurement of works, services and financial contributions in GIZ –Project Administration Unit Suva, through organized and coordinated mechanisms, effective problem solving of day-to-day concerns, and the provision, through the appropriate administration of related reports, of critical inputs for management decision.
• Processing of consultancy/firm contract, financing agreements and local subsidies contract in the SAP-COSOFT system
• Updating the SAP-COSOFT with regards to the progress of contract from the date of dispatch, receipt of signed contract, date of confirmation of performance up to the date of settlement of final invoice
• Facilitating bidding/tendering processes of consultants/consulting firms and (inclusive of construction/renovations)
• Encoding of technical and financial evaluation results of the tendering process at SAP-COSOFT system
May 2022 – July 2023
Overview: Lead category teams that provide whole of government expert technical procurement advice on regulations, policies, guidelines and best practices to key stakeholders undertaking procurement planning, sourcing and contract management activities, to enable them to meet business needs and expectations.
• Partner with key business stakeholders in their procurement activities to develop and implement procurement and category management strategies to meet business needs, manage risk and deliver value for money.
• Engage with key stakeholders on regulations, procurement policies, and guidelines
• Consolidate procurement across whole of Government and administer the tender of commonly used goods and services and manage contracts with approved suppliers
• Negotiate and agree contractual terms and conditions with suppliers; ensuring that there is clear regard for the nature, application and implications of the contract and the relevant contract law
• Provide expert technical advice to management and support the development and review of organisational procurement policy, procedures, systems and standards
• Run tenders from business case and requirements specification to tender evaluation and selection.
• Prepare and notifyRequests for Tenders (‘RFTs’) for bidders. Undertake tender evaluation and provide advice and recommendations to the GTB and the line agencies Work with line Agencies to close off open tenders within the required timeline of 90 days
• Proactively identify and address procurement risks and mitigation strategies to meet organisational compliance requirement.
• Coordinate and deliverGovernment training on procurement to agencies.
• Verify indents and provide technical advice for overseas payments and engage and advise Ministry of Economy Management on procurement activities
• Provide advice and facilitate emergency procurement including relief assistance in the event of natural disasters
• Facilitate post award information & supplier debriefing, and mentor fellow staff on procurement projects
Aug 2018 – May 2022
Overview: Responsible for managing the tender process including proposal development and tender evaluation and the provision of advice to Management and the Government Tender Board
• Researched and analysed supply markets to determine market segmentation, trends, issues, maturity, risks and relative organizational position to identify opportunities and inform sourcing strategies
• Provided reports for the management of supplier and tender performance and tracked progress
• Monitored contracts to ensure value for money negotiated in the tender process was provided
• Delivered Government training on Procurement and related topics
• Fostered effective working relationships with key suppliers, “customer” agencies and key stakeholders; and worked closely with line agencies in drawing up Annual Procurement Plans(APP’s),
• Provided financial and legislative insight and advice as per Procurement Regulations 2010 to TechnicalEvaluation Committee whilst evaluating and recommending bids
• Prepared and submitted Board papers to Government Tender Board
Jan 2016-Aug 2018
• Processed monthly pension payments to pensioners residing in Australia and New Zealand
• Administered payments done by crown agent bank
• Reviewed GL & bank reconciliations and prepared Remittance (Payment Vouchers), Excess approvals,Journal Vouchers, Payroll reconciliations, Cheque reconciliations, and of year reports.
• Provided excellent customer service
• Master of Commerce in Professional Accounting (2022)
• Postgraduate Diploma in Commerce (Professional Accounting) (2020)
• Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting and Banking)
Professional Development Training
• Certificate in PRINCE2 Certification Preparation – Fundamental Concepts (2023)
• Certificate in Virtual Procurement (2023), USTDA (U.S Trade and Development Agency)
• Certificate in Research Skills (2022)
• Certificate in International Procurement Conference (2021 & 2022), ISM & World Bank
• Certificate in Training on the Financial and Contractual Procedures in the Framework of the 11th European Development Fund (EDF) (2019), EDF & World Bank
• Certificate in Discipline Guideline Investigation Officer Workshop (2019)
• Certificate in MS Excel Training – Intermediate Level (2019)
• Certificate in Writing Reports and Proposals (2018)
• Creating Value in Public Procurement Workshop (2021)
• FICAC Workshop on Procurement Fraud (2019)
• Managing Tenders and Procurement Excellence Training (2018)
• Integrity Workshop on Public Procurement Corruption Roundtable Discussion (2019) Ministry of Finance, Strategic Planning, National Development and Statistics
• Volunteer work as procurement professional during natural disaster event (Tropical Cyclone Yasa) and during COVID-19 pandemic for the Fiji Government to assist the community during the lockdown phase
• Photography, reading, and surfing the internet for interesting articles to gain better understanding of current market
• Enjoy baking cakes, cookies and pastries