Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Operations Retail Manager with a good level of business acumen, excellent communication skills and 10+ years’ experience in a Supermarket, Bakery, ServiceStation & Liquor environment. Reliable, honest and supportive team player with ability to deliver on financial performance targets including budgets, wastage, and sales forecasting, and ensuring admin and audit processes are followed. Confident in coaching others and a strong commitment to providing excellent customer service. Good awareness of health and safety issues, able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, and flexibility to work rostered shifts including weekends and evenings.
General Manager, Jan 2015 – present
Supermarket, Liquor and Service station (Fuel) and Bakery (29 full time employees) Wholesale and Retail business focusing on the high demands of clients. Key areas of service includes Hotels and Resorts.
• Day to Day business operations; Ensuring business operations run smoothly without any disruptions
• Procurement & Supplies Logistics, with limited boat service, maintain adequate supply level plays a key role to ensure customer satisfaction
• Accounts Receivable and Payable, Payroll, VAT and Necessary Tax filing- monthly
• Recruiting & training of staff
• Expense and Income Tracking, ensure the business always runs on projected and budgeted expenditures to sustain maximum profit and growth
• Planning and coordinating Sales and Marketing activities
• Grew the business from a stock level of $100K per month in 2015, to $450K per month in 2021 and increased monthly sales from between $180K and $210K, to $460 - $600K per month
• Became the first store to adopt a POS system
• Started Business with only 20k Investment and now a 7-figure business
• Hold more that 80% of hotel customers in the region
• Negotiated a distributor agreement with one of the largest suppliers, Goodman Fielder, which gave the company a competitive edge
• Opened a second supermarket branch in 2017 which has been highly successful
• Solar Project (Dec 2018): with rising cost of diesel fuel and maintenance of diesel generator, I worked on a Solar system for the business to successfully plan, develop and install a first of its kind solar system in the region, with a generation capacity of 50KW, resulting in a 70% saving of diesel cost on a monthly basis
Operations Manager, Dec 2008 – Dec 2014
Supermarket Distributors, Wholesaler and Distributor
Distribution services around local and rural customers. Mostly dealing with Fast Moving Consumer Goods
• Daily Operations and Logistics Supply
• Sales, Marketing and Procurement
• Opened up a retail outlet of the same name in 2010
Between 2007 and 2008, while studying, I worked as a Duty Manager at a Non Profit, responsible for payroll, managing staff and preparing weekly reports.
• Bachelor of Arts (Information System and Management with Public Administration)
• Short Course Certificate in HR Recruitment and Selection
• New Venture Creation
• Enjoy fishing for relaxation
• Love watching sports,especially rugby and soccer
• I’m a learner whoenjoys facing new challenges as this keeps me focused
• Making friends andexpanding my social and business networks
• I’m a foodie, I lovemy coffee
• Negotiating contracts with suppliers to meet quality, cost and delivery requirements
• Implementing and monitoring purchasing, storage and distribution strategies, policies and plans
• Maintaining required stock levels at minimum cost and monitoring storage and inventory systems to meet supply requirements and control stock levels
• Operating recording systems to track all movements of supplies, and ensuring re-ordering and re-stocking at optimal times
• Directing staff activities and monitoring their performance
• Provision of products and services to meet customer requirements and ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations