Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
A practiced IT executive, and business transformation leader with strengths in Digital, Change management, IT infrastructure, Enterprise Applications, Information Security, Cloud Technology and IT Governance & Compliance. Cross sector experience in Insurance, Superannuation, Technology, Health and Professional Services within Australia , Papua New Guinea and the Pacific Strong ethos in partnering with business leaders on Strategy, Analysis, Planning and Execution accustomed to monitoring and controlling budgets and achieving business goals with high a level of service delivery and customer satisfaction.
Chief Technology Officer, Paradise Private Hospital, Port Moresby, Feb 2022 – current
• Reporting to the Directors, setting strategies, initiatives and implementation of business process, digital and technology adoption for a large private hospital
• Leading organizational transformation from a manual based organization to a digital centric healthcare practice with people and technology as the focal point in partnership with executive management and directors.
• Project managed the implementation and adoption of Microsoft 365.
• Implemented Versa SD Wan infrastructure to optimise the network across multiple branches and improved costs
Group Chief Information officer, Capital Insurance Group (CIG), Jan 2019 – Jan 2022
• Part of the executive management team for the largest insurer in the South Pacific region, reporting directly to the Group CEO.
• Strategic planning of business growth objectives and advisor
• Ensuring the IT systems and procedures lead to outcomes in line with business goals
• Standardisation of technology outcomes for all business subsidiaries of the CIG group
• Developed a 3-year IT strategy to align IT objectives with the business goals focusing on digital transformation and cloud adoption
• Shifted the IT cost model from CAPEX driven to OPEX, primarily cloud solutions to drive efficiency and scalability of IT investments resulting in the reduction of overhead cost and immediate returns on investment.
• Created the first risk property survey app in the PNG insurance market, allowing real time data capture of risk profiling and analysis
• Introduced digital portals for service providers and affinity partners as part of CIG’s customer experience digital transformation program
• Introduced Power BI for business intelligence, data analytics of critical operational data and implemented Microsoft 365.
• Assessment, auditing and redesign of network structure and security
• Introduced IT governance, risk and control framework throughout the group
• Automated the board meeting process with the use of Diligent Board App
• Established, managed and monitored a long-term corporate ICT development program for the continuous improvement of existing systems in consultation with the five business
• Introduced are learning & development program for IT staff, by creating a three-year staff training and development plan targeted at recognized industry certifications.
• Ensured audit compliance of multiple external auditors and regulators across five countries.
• Migration of on-premises insurance system to AWS (Amazon WebServices) in line with cloud strategy.
IT Manager, International Container Terminal Services Inc – Pacific, April 2018 – December 2018
• Set up Initial IT systems set up of both ICTSI terminals in PNG, with a budget of 3 million USD.
• Part of the project management team, implementing cloud-based solutions with Microsoft Office 365, SAP and Cisco Meraki infrastructure
• Set up a skills transfer training program with the ICTSI global IT team and implemented a company intranet on Microsoft SharePoint within Office365, accessible locally and via app.
• Created an online booking system for customers to pre-book shipping containers without the need for filling documents and sending as email attachments and introduced a paperless customer queue system for paying customer
• Created an inventory barcode app to track IT equipment issued to staff daily
ICT Manager, Origin Energy, July 2014 – Feb 2018
• Reduced costs by 30 %, by changing the Internet Service Provider, sourcing genuine products from recognized distributors and introducing licensing for enterprise software with annual budgeting and forecasting.
• Enabled email business intelligence and remote network access on smartphones, and tablets as part of a mobility strategy and introduced Cisco VPN for Remote access
• Set up of Riverbed WAN Appliances providing optimized network performance, that addresses both network bandwidth and latency issues across remote sites.
• Implemented Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 as an intranet site, document management and electronic workflow system a customer care call centre number, an automated ticketing system and off-site Disaster Recovery infrastructure with daily live data replication between production and off-site locations using Veeam
• Designed and implemented Origin PNG Distribution mobile app usingAppSheet and Google technologies.
• Technical Lead for “Pay as You Go” off-grid Solar Energy Systems in partnership with the InternationalFinance Corporation
• Provided IT auditing services and strategic advice to OriginEnergy offices within the Pacific.
Snr.IT Consultant / Systems Administrator, PwC, PNG and Sydney, AU, Dec 2009 – July 2014
• Largest professional services firm globally and in Papua NewGuinea. I joined the firm immediately as a Graduate IT officer after completing my bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, within a year, I got promoted toSystems Administrator & subsequently PNG IT Operations Manager, after another two years.
• Content Upgrade of PwC PNG website and WAN/LAN Network design of new PwC Lae office
• Implementation of Port Moresby and Lae office wireless networks and Good for Enterprise for proper encryption, security and business email confidentiality on Mobile and tablet devices.
• Seconded to Price Waterhouse Coopers Australia (Sydney Office) as a senior IT Consultant with the IT Team, which consisted over two hundred IT staff, supporting over six thousand staff. The role included management and administration of the IT Infrastructure including Server storage, phone VOIP systems and all mobility technologies
• MBA (Master of BusinessAdministration), Australian Institute of Business, Adelaide 2022
• Bachelor of Science inComputer Science, PNG University of Technology, Lae, Papua New Guinea 2009
• AgilePM® Foundation Certified 2019
• VMware Certified Associate 5.5 Data Centre Virtualization 2015
• ITIL® V3 IT Service Management Certified 2015
Boards & Professional Memberships
• January 2022 – Present: Independent Director – EQUAL PLAYING FIELD serving as an independent director of EPF, a dual listed not-for-profit organization founded in 2012 and funded by DFAT, UN and Care International.
• August 2021 – Present: Founder and Non-Executive Director -PGO!
Founded PGO! Papua New Guinea’s first multi-vendor on-demand delivery platform in conjunction with Kina Bank and currently serving as the non-executive director.
• April 2018 – December 2020: NASFUND Trainee Directors Program as a trainee director on the NASFUND board and committee member for both the membership and remuneration and nomination committees.
• Associate Member: PNGID (PNG Institute of Directors)
• Business transformation and change management
• Onboarding and relationship management
• Certified and experienced Agile project manager with multiple projects delivered
• Microsoft Power Fx, C++, Kotlin and Java
• SD wan, WAN, LAN
• AWS, Microsoft Azure, Veeam and VmWare