Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Front-end web developer with 10+ years’ experience in evaluating websites and technology from the end user's perspective. Skilled in project planning and delivery and identifying process-improvement opportunities to positively affect the development and management of websites. Excellent written and oral communication skills, including interacting with non-technical users, sharing information, asking for feedback, and facilitating communication at all levels. History of successful team coordination, consensus building and project management, with genuine enthusiasm for learning new technologies and tackling challenging projects.
• HTML to build the structure and CSS to add design and branding to websites and apps
• Experienced with different Content Management Systems both as a content manager and as platform developer.
• Requirements gathering, software evaluation and User Experience Development
• Website Architecture and web design to integrate enhancements into existing systems and brand standards
• User Data Privacy: served on the Data Privacy Team at Oregon Tool, responsible for assuring GDPR compliance in the eCommerce platform
• Interviewed department team members and managers (12 people total) at Oregon Tool to uncover process/department improvement opportunities. My efforts sparked an initiative to develop an internal Agile process consisting of 3-week sprints, weekly sprint grooming sessions and daily stand ups.
• Website accessibility isa legal requirement in parts of Canada and the European Union, where OregonTool had a presence with their eCommerce sites. In six months, I improved theOregon Tool eCommerce website accessibility score from 50/100 (as measured byChrome Lighthouse audit tool) to 90/100; this is considered a passing score.
• Brought the OregonTool eCommerce product page website performance scores from 10/100 to 20/100; this was an ongoing project at the end of 2022 and improvements were already being realised.
May 2019 – Dec 2022
Overview: Developed and enhanced user-facing features of the e-commerce platform used by the company
• Worked as part of a multidisciplinary team of marketers, developers and business analysts to maintain and enhance theSAP Hybris eCommerce platform
• Developed and presented prototypes and design mockups to business stakeholders assisting in collaborative efforts to enhance the platform and user experience
• Performed story authoring in JIRA to translate business requirements into actionable development tasks
• Evaluated new technologies for platform integration and presented findings and recommendations
• Wrote clean, reusable, testable front-end code within the codebase and maintained WCAG 2.0 AA standards for front-end codebase
• Created and maintained documentation detailing how to use the various features of the platform
• Provided guidance and leadership to off-shore contract developers about the platform and their assigned tasks and performed code review and provided feedback for front-end enhancements completed by the offshore team
• Served on Data PrivacyTeam, providing impact assessments and ensuring the platform conformed to GDPR requirements and updated the internal team whenever new privacy laws required adjustments to the platform
• Championed the efforts to improve site accessibility and data privacy in compliance with GDPR and WCAG AA standards
• Participated in weeklyAgile sprint planning and progress meetings as well as yearly project planning meetings
• Advocated for best practices from a front-end development, user accessibility and business processes standpoint
• Acted as SME for the platform and front-end tech stack and provided guidance to offshore front-end contractors
• Communicated complex development requirements and procedures in a manner that non-technical leadership could understand
Dec 2016 - April 2019
Overview: Maintained and updated website and created enhancements to the user experience
• Redesigned website and site architecture to reduce pages, consolidate content, improve usability and SEO
• Represented the interests of the college on the Web Advisory Committee
• Performed requirements gathering, project management and UAT testing as required by the size and scope of the project
• Built custom widgets using AngularJS,HTML and CSS to unify page designs, better control data and updates and improve user experience
Content Manager & Front End Web Developer
May 2011 – Dec 2016
Independent Web Agency Consultant
• Rewrote HTML code for a fitness eCommerce and educational site as they migrated to a new CMS
• Worked with a boutique design firm to update and enhance existing websites
• Provided development, content and design ideas for a record-keeping application for a legal firm
• Wrote web content for and provided marketing suggestions to a sports massage and nutrition company
• Performed SEO audit, content and code cleanup to a boating eCommerce website
• Managed and updated content and created enhanced functionality for a camping equipment eCommerce site
Prior to 2011, I worked as a Contract Front-End Web Developer for an Investment company, and as a SEO Researcher and Copywriter for an education provider
• Bachelor of Arts - English and Psychology
• Enjoy reading science fiction and fantasy novels.
• Personal fitness and outdoor exercise is a big part of my life. I’ve been a runner sinceI was 13 (started out competitive now just a way to keep fit). These days, I run various distances 5-6 days a week and bike a couple times a week.