Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Engineering Quality Manager with 3 years’ experience in the roading construction sector, creating and implementing procedures to ensure construction work met quality standards, as well as 2+ years as a site engineer. Tech savvy with proven leadership, communication and collaboration skills and qualified with a BSc (Hon) in Materials Engineering and Post Graduate Diploma in Environmental and Water Resources Engineering.
Construction design of asphalt mix, drainage and supply design, water and wastewater treatment, design and testing of water quality wastewater parameters, and knowledge of CEA, SLS, BS, EU and ISO standard and regulations.
Materials Science and Engineering
Construction design, materials and testing (concrete, bitumen, steel, wood), ceramics, polymers, composites, failure analysis and selection of materials, mechanical & fracture behavior of materials, metallurgy (welding, casting, metal forming), non-destructive and other engineering materials testing, machine design, Nano materials, technology and quality management.
Physical chemistry of polymers, mass transfer operations, heat transfer, properties and applications of biopolymers, physical and mechanical properties of polymers, failure analysis and selection of polymers, polymer rheology, polymer characterization, principles of polymerization engineering, elastomer engineering, composite technology, plastics engineering, process control, physical properties and technology of fibers.
Ceramic raw materials, process of ceramics, energy engineering &furnaces, technologies of refractories, glass, whiteware, cement &concrete, ceramic coatings and applications, physical ceramics, instrumentation& process control, advanced ceramics and quality assurance.
Physical metallurgy, iron and steel making, thermodynamics and rate processes, deformation and fracture behavior of materials, chemical kinetics and mass transfer, electro- chemistry and corrosion, mechanical testing, foundry metallurgy, extraction of non-ferrous metals, solid state phase transformation processes, heat treatment practice and microstructure analysis, alloy steelmaking and ferroalloys, metal working processes. X-ray diffraction, metal joining and powder metallurgy, nano structured materials and manufacturing processes.
Conversant with AutoCAD, SWORT, EPA SWMM, HEC-RAS, CROPWAT, SolidWorks, MS Office, MS Project, C & C++ programming, Visual Basic, ComputerHardware, MCSE Intermediate Level
Dec 2019 – Dec 2022
• Developed and implemented quality control procedures and implemented procedures to ensure construction work met quality standards
• Inspected and tested materials used in construction to ensure that they met required specifications
• Supervised quality control personnel, including inspectors and technicians
• Identified and resolved quality problems arising during construction
• Reviewed construction plans and specifications to ensure adherence to quality standards
• Conducting audits of construction sites to ensure quality control procedures were followed
• Liaised with clients and contractors to ensure quality standards were met and issues were addressed
• Trained quality control personnel and other staff on quality control procedures
• Maintained records of quality control activities, including test results, inspections, and audits
• Ensured compliance with regulatory requirements related to quality control in construction
Jan 2018 – Nov 2019
• Developed course content and curriculum to meet learning objectives and prepared, delivered lectures and led discussions to encourage participation and critical thinking
• Prepared and graded assignments and exams and provided feedback to improve learning and performance
• Collaborated with colleagues to ensure consistency and quality in course content and delivery
Aug 2015 – Jan 2018
• Design & construction of a 3-storey steel building, containing a shopping complex, restaurant, washrooms, theatre, and automated conveyance system to transport passengers and goods between the ground floor to stories
• Managed the entire steel &precast concrete production from the factory; responsible for quality such as checking measurements, production of quantities of steels and precast concrete, and preparation of summary of queries of from colleagues
• Performed daily site inspection and test of the scope and character necessary to achieve the quality of construction required in the drawings and specifications for all works under the contract performed ON or OFF site and carried out inspection and checking for all quality related procedures in the site and ensures activity at the site are as per approved method statement and inspection test plan
• Coordinated with the consultant’s representative and Site in-charge for inspection and meeting about quality problems including the closure of Non-Compliance Report.
• Reported to the QA/QC Manager, control, and monitored all activities related to Quality system. Additionally
• took care of QA/QC documents of the entire project including certificates, calibration, test results, inspection requests, non-compliance reports and site instruction/observations, permanent materials delivered and other QA/QC documents
• Used AutoCAD, Revit and Solid works for design the buildings and moulds.
• Developed method statement for the activity including risk assessment and job safety environmental analysis andInspection test plan and checklist based on specifications of the project.
Prior to 2015 I was employed as a Training Material Engineer with Maga Engineering (PVT) LTD on an infrastructure development programs covering 113 km with more than 100 culverts and 20 bridge, and as a CAD draftsman
• Post graduate Diploma in Environmental and Water Resources Engineering (2017-2020)
• BSc (Hon) in Engineering Materials Science and Engineering (2010-2015)
• Associate Member of The Institute of Engineers, Sri Lanka (IESL) (2015 to present)
• MCSE member – Microsoft Certified System Engineer
• Planting and maintaining a garden allows me to connect with nature and improve my outdoor space
• Enjoy cooking and baking and experimenting with different recipes and flavours