Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Cybersecurity Analyst with a 16-year track record of delivering exceptional results in both the private sector and navy. Comprehensive background in security and threat analysis, and communication technology. Expertise in managing complex projects to deliver strategic results and identifying areas of improvement. Proven leadership, communication and collaboration skills with a strong interest in data acquisition, aggregation, visualisation, and establishing how data flows through a system and is stored efficiently.
• Software: Microsoft Office 365, Visio Virtualization
• System: VMWare, Virtualbox, Proxmox, Vite
• Operating Systems: Linux, Ubuntu, Kali, CentOS, Windows Server2008 Windows XP, 7 & 10 Network Security
• Networking: TCP| IP, Protocols, Ethernet, Cisco Routers & Switches
• Network Monitoring: Splunk, Bro, Suricata, Gigamon, Wireshark, Lansweeper, Qualys, LogRhythm, Elastic, Symantec,
• Focus: STIG, Policy & Regulatory Compliance, RMF
• CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Net+, CompTIA A+
• ITIL 4 Foundations Certified
• EC Council Certified Encryption Specialist
• Splunk Certified Administrator
Aug 2022 – Present
• Monitor 18K devices investigating malicious activity and ensuring compliance and responding to incidents
• Review LogRhythm alerts, query Qualys and find and schedule patch installation for the vulnerabilities discovered
• Reduced automated services and scripts utilizing root privilege access to prevent inadvertent escalation of privileges
• Investigated phishing email, reported events and provided recommendations to prevent similar issues
• Discovered 363 devices missing antivirus and recommended the devices have antivirus installed.
• Recommended removing unnecessary applications from servers and retiring out-dated and unnecessary equipment from LA CareNetwork
• Recommended configuration changes to LogRhythm[SIEM] to be more effective and reduce bottle neck
• Work with the service desk and sysadmins to remove encryption standards from LA Care.
Jan 2021 – July 2023
• Developed white paper for SIEM solution recommendation
• Helped the company win a $30 million contract that included a SIEM solution to be deployed on air-gaped, multi-domain environment
• Assisted in developing the Splunk deployment in classified spaces
Dec 2018- Dec 2020
• Designed, built and maintained virtual cyber ranges for client
• Deployed virtual environments for clients to participate in cyber exercises
• Troubleshot technical issues that caused failures
• Identified client needs and developed a plan to implement procedures and tools to meet requirements
• Designed and built training environments for cyber operation exercises within carious virtual environments to test program and user capabilities when faced with a threat
• Developed, configured, and maintained network devices connecting geographically separated enterprise networks; performed disaster recovery and data backups when necessary
• Troubleshot, maintained, and coordinated the use and proper operation of network monitoring tools servers, storage environments, and network operating systems
• Documented procedures and network designs for future use and development
May- Dec 2018
• Provided training on effective use of security software; ensured all trainees could pass competency on programs used and expectations of the organization
• Supported development of applications, dashboards, and efficient use of resources for network security monitoring; focused on Host, Network, and Server based intrusion detection and protection
• Conducted vulnerability analysis to support risk mitigation and security implementation in accordance with Defense Information Systems Agency Security Technical Implementation
March 2008- June 2018
• Led a team of five individuals to monitor, investigate, and prioritize indicators of compromise
• Developed methodologies for global state threat actors to discover anomalous and potentially malicious activity
• Designed and implemented effective cross-functional processes/working relationships to achieve smooth transition and operational optimization of work between teams
• Facilitated training in understanding cyber actors’ tactics, techniques, and procedures to analyse risk, threats, and security breaches across the organization
• Coordinated and expedited the tracking, handling, and reporting of security events and computer incidents in accordance with government procedures
• Provided customers with discovered vulnerabilities and informed methods to control and mitigate issues associated with their network
• Used SPLUNK to monitor network for any threats and vulnerabilities
• Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Cyber Security & Information Assurance
• Information Technology Multimedia
• Joint Cyber Analysis Course
• Keen interest in skydiving; jumping ~3 times a week working on getting my A license
• Mountain biking, working out at the gym, and going on weekend hikes
• Information Security, Encryption, Social Engineering, Phishing, DDoS, Exploit, Data Breach, Spoofing, Spyware, Trojan horse, Root kit, Pen-testing, MFA, Ethical Hacking
• SIEM Administration, Splunk Engineering Writing Splunk queries using SPL, creating visualizations that provide valuable insight into the customers’ data. Investigate alerts that are generated by thresholds met by specified criteria, defined by NIST and the adherence with which the client needed to comply with those policies
• Technologies & Innovations | Excellent knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure combined with profound skills in data management and analysis. Solid strategic skills necessary to plan/control the implementation of new systems. Successful history of using technical data to analyse threats. Understanding of MITRE tactics to understand common terms between companies.
• Training & Development | Demonstrated the ability to assimilate new ideas, concepts, methods, and technologies. Dedicated and innovative team builder with a superior work ethic. Completed Leadership courses to provide the best training and guidance for junior staff members