A newly created position in Australasia’s leading biosecurity and fumigation service provider will give you a fantastic opportunity to succeed and grow.
Reporting to Health, Safety & Compliance Manager this exciting position will lead a range of key strategic areas to ensure the future trajectory of this employer at the forefront of innovation and environmental compliance.
Whilst this is a hands-on role, your scientific background and natural leadership capability will stand you in great stead in a role which encompasses a combination of fieldwork, technical research, customer and stakeholder engagement, reporting and analysis across their many varied clients throughout NZ.
As part of a company providing biosecurity services to a thriving industry, you will collaborate with and lead a skilled team, and assist in establishing a great team culture and place to work. The role provides a great opportunity to grow in job-related learning and training, with real opportunities to develop.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead and guide the environmental monitoring team to ensure adherence to all requirements.
- Establish and execute systems and procedures for thorough data collection and digitalization.
- Conduct audits and assessments, offering expertise on environmental monitoring issues.
- Create precise, accurate reporting with excellent written and verbal English literacy.
- Stay abreast of the Resource Management Act (RMA), consent compliance, and pertinent safety regulations.
- Partner with the Commercial Manager, Operational teams, and clients to pinpoint opportunities for technological advancements.
- Strengthen capabilities in non-chemical biosecurity treatments.
- Drive efficiencies and innovate company technology for more environmentally friendly fumigation alternatives.
- Engage in strategic discussions at a senior management level to drive innovative solutions.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Strong hands-on ability in Wet Chemistry and GC utilisation.
- Environmental monitoring experience, RMA exposure and resource consent experience.
- High level of literacy and ability to produce reports that are appropriate for board level audiences.
- Willingness to develop skills specific to biosecurity treatment application including learning how to fumigate.
- Charismatic and personable leadership style with the ability to lead two teams with different goalsets.
Benefits and Remuneration:
- On offer is a remuneration commensurate with your skills and experience
- Birthday leave and great company social events.
- Company Health Insurance.
- Company discretionary bonus subject to personal and business deliverables.
- Tools of trade as required.
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.