CB Civil is a New Zealand owned, self-performing civil engineering company based in Auckland, Tauranga and Hamilton.
Our projects range from small to large in scale (£0.5m to £15m), span 6 to 24 month durations, and focus on key service areas; three waters, rail, structures and land development.
Since 2012, our growing team of over 120 staff have shared a vision of continuous improvement. Our 'people and quality first' approach drives us to empower our staff and integrate emerging best practice in order to make CB Civil the home of sustainability and innovation in the New Zealand construction industry! Our team take great pride in delivering quality work with outcomes that matter to our community and environment.
We are well established in the market having recently won:
National - CCNZ National Project of the Year ($20 - $100mil)
Auckland - CCNZ Project of the Year ($1 - 10mil) and the Excellence in Sustainability Innovation Award
Waikato - CCNZ Civil Contractor of the Year, Project of the Year ($20 - $100mil) and Health & Safety Award
Between the national recognition and a secured pipeline of major projects across our regions, there's never been a better time to join our team!
· Competitive remuneration for the right skillset and experience
· Consistent work hours: weekly average of 50+ hours
· Modern excavators will be assigned to you
· Opportunities for ongoing training and leadership development
· Exposure to complex and challenging works
Our team is currently looking for Qualified Excavator Operators to join us on our journey. We're looking for leading operators who can deliver quality work while promoting a strong Health and Safety culture. You will be operating across various client sites gaining exposure to works including: drainage, subdivisions, three waters pipelines and major earthworks. If you want to join a team that delivers award winning projects and celebrates the hard work of its staff, then this is the opportunity for you!
· Operating 5 - 30 tonne machines that might include Excavators, Hi-Rail Excavators, Hydremas and Rollers
· Works such as trenching and deep drainage works
· Providing feedback and guidance on safety procedure and use of spotters
· Promoting an inclusive and productive work culture
· Mentoring junior operators
· Ideally have 3+ years relevant experience in Earthworks, Drainage and Large Pipe Trenching
· Experience in trenching, installing trench shields, sheet piling, well-point de-watering and excavating around live services
· Full UK drivers licence
· Licenced ability to operate wheeled, tracked and roller heavy machines
· Proven experience on civil projects
· Clear understanding of health and safety procedures
· In-depth knowledge of construction procedures and equipment
· Ability to read drawings, plans and Inspection Test Plans.
· Willing to get stuck in with a great team
· Able to communicate effectively
Why CB Civil?
CB Civil has a flat management structure that focuses on empowering the right people for the right job. If you want to deliver quality work, develop your career and feel both challenged and rewarded in your role then join the team that genuinely puts its people first. With competitive remuneration, training and development programmes, employee benefits and a cracking workplace culture what's more to think about?
Don’t miss the opportunity to help us build New Zealand’s future!
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.