About the Company
This is a medium sized construction business that have enjoyed sustained success over the past 20 years developing and constructing commercial and residential buildings. They pride themselves on their family values, whilst operating and collaborating as a hands-on team, sharing outcomes, and celebrating success when deserved. As a commercial construction business, operating as a developer, they are free from any large company politics, contentious client issues and decisions can be made quickly. Their portfolio is a mix of commercial retail, high end community residential developments, childcare centres, retirement villages and office buildings.
They are poised for further growth and are now looking to embed a new structure that will necessitate the need for an Operations Manager.
About the Operations Manager Role
Reporting into Group CEO, the purpose of the role is to take ownership and accountability for the successful project and construction operations performance.
A high-performance culture is core to the business and part of your remit is drive this across the team and their delivery ensuring all business protocols, project and programme deliverables are being met.
It requires the following:
• Ensuring overall operational excellence.
• Taking accountability for providing strong leadership for all operational staff including all SM’s, PM’s, Engineers and project support staff
• Overseeing performance and results on projects including overseeing construction methodologies, quality, productivity, and cost management.
• Staff development and training
• Provide technical support
• H&S Management and support
• Continuous improvement focus
• Providing input into strategic and business planning working with the Leadership team
• Contributing to management reporting
The ideal candidate MUST HAVE the following experience:
• At least 15 years’ experience as a Senior Project Manager/Project Director experience within a commercial construction company worked on large scale commercial projects $50M+
• Appropriate tertiary qualifications such as Construction Management and/or Trade qualifications,
• Strong construction business operational knowledge
• Strong understanding of the commercial side of the business
• Exposure to Development side is ideal – the ability to understand the developer/builder business model.
• Exceptional communication and leadership skills are a must, along with the ability to manage with mana, the overall business and staff to defined outcomes and deliverables.
• Highly client/customer driven with outstanding relationship management skills.
• Ability to display an enthusiastic and energetic approach to the role, lifting the energy and positivity towards the tasks at hand and outcomes desired within the business.
• Strong construction technology systems experience along with organisational skills.
$230K - $260K + Vehicle
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.