A rewarding opportunity has become available for a Registered Nurse with a focus on Mental Health. In this role, you will work with a passionate team of like minded professionals to provide wrap around support for clients who are experiencing distress. This employer's service sees individuals and whanau across the age range and can offer a range of interventions.
About the role:
- Demonstrates knowledge, skills and attitudes conducive to culturally safe practice
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of psychological theories and models and evidence related to them
- Clinician is actively supportive of and engaged with external services, GP practices and related community organisations
- Engaged in continuing professional development
- Supportive of whanau, parents and caregivers
- The provision of evidence based interventions to address mild to moderate distress, alcohol and/or drug concerns
- Providing social and cultural support to address broader mental health issues
- Actively supports referral processes
- Delivery of high-quality clinical assessments and evidence informed brief interventions
- Clear documentation of all client and organisational activities
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about supporting others to improve their health and wellbeing
- Able to work with people with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Able to deliver social work and mental health support services to a high standard and meet all contractual requirements
- The proven ability to maintain confidentiality at the highest level
Must have a current and full registration in any of the following:
- Minimum 2 years proven experience as a Registered Nurse specialising in Mental Health
- Registered Psychologist or Counsellor with a current Annual Practising Certificate
- Registered Social Worker or Occupational Therapist with a current Annual Practising Certificate.
- Qualification in formal therapeutic area (such as Postgraduate CBT diploma) an advantage
- Full drivers' licence
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.