About the organisationThis agile and innovative organisation is committed to the development of strong whānau and vibrant communities. They are progressive, using Tikanga and Kaupapa Māori values. Mid last year they launched an exciting new contract to deliver community home care support. This allows people to remain active, safe and independent in their own homes and community. Their point of difference to other homebase care providers being that this will be delivered in a Kaupapa Māori way.
About the Job
- Work holistically alongside the people you support and their whānau.
- Based out of the office in Hastings, but working autonomously in the community
- Managing a caseload across Hastings, Napier and CHB (some travel involved. You may need to travel to Wairoa on occasion until they secure a nurse permanently there)
- Undertaking social and clinical assessments
- Developing, overseeing and regularly reviewing support plans
- Mentoring, training and supervising support workers
- Lots of services on site makes referrals easy and less bureaucratic
- Full Time, Monday to Friday. They will consider 0.8 FTE
- Flexible, including some work from home by negotiation
- No weekends or public holidays. Some on call.
This position is ideal for a Registered Nurse with current APC, community nursing experience, who is a critical thinker with thorough clinical assessment skills. In addition:
- You’ll be keen to and comfortable working in a Kaupapa Māori organisation
- A wonderful communicator – able to develop trust and relationships with a holistic / whānau focus.
- You’ll enjoy autonomy and working independently but naturally want to contribute to the team and work closely with others
- Agile, adaptable and flexible with a can do attitude. You’ll find that no two days are the same
- Well organised with excellent time management skills and comfortable with technology (InterRai training would be useful)
- Full Driver’s License
- Vaccination against COVID 19
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Salary
- 5 weeks annual leave
- Sick Leave upfront
- Birthday Leave
- Free Car Parking
- Life Insurance
- Uniform provided
- Staff wellness programme - participate in wellness activities and earn points that give you additional paid leave.
- Excellent orientation and Induction
- Excellent Professional Development
- Fantastic team, clinical leadership and cultural support
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.