If you are looking to build a rewarding career in a boom industry then look no further, the Christchurch North branch of this employer are looking for an Intermediate level Quantity Surveyor to join the team.
As an intermediate Quantity Surveyor you will work with clients as their trusted expert, putting together solutions from the range of plans and services they offer, ensuring a wonderful home building experience.
You will be a master at understanding people’s needs, have the knowledge to find the solution that fits the bill, along with the people skills to be a trusted advisor through a big decision making journey.
This employer teaches their clients about the building industry, so to be successful in this role you must be/have:
- A proven ability to build rapport with customers confident in ensuring the delivery of excellent service
- Highly organised, motivated and someone who thrives on working as part of a dynamic team
- Analytics, reporting, forecasting skills
- Construction take-offs
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Relevant NZ Quantity Surveying or Construction Management Qualification (desirable)
- Proficiency in Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook etc)
Your day-to-day tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Cost management
- Managing construction procurement
- Face-to-face consultations with clients– walking a client through the process of contract cost
- You may even put on a hard hat and walk around a ‘build in progress’
- You will know your customers and the industry, spending much of your time learning all you can about new products, materials and design ideas.
The successful candidate can be assured of a comprehensive training and development programme to grow their know-how and confidence quickly. This employer sells dreams, so they make sure their team is exceptional at helping people realise theirs!
If you believe you have what it takes to add real value to this company and are motivated by this opportunity, then make sure to contact your job search specialist!
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.