- Enjoy opportunities and mentorship to develop your career in a multinational organisation within an essential industry
- Secure work with one of NZ’s large infrastructure services contractors
- Make an impact with your hard-working and collaborative team
What’s in it for me?
- Ventia takes our people’s careers seriously, helping them to learn and grow
- There’s nothing more important to us than keeping our people and the public safe
- We look after each other and foster our people’s well-being
- Experience career progression through training and development
- Gain solid experience with a fast-paced role working with a well-established and multi-skilled team
- Stable, full-time, permanent employment
- Strong, supportive, and collaborative team
- Potential growth opportunities within the wider Ventia business
We are one of the largest suppliers of essential services in the region and is proud to provide the expertise to keep the infrastructure working for our communities. No one else does exactly what we do in the way we do it. Hence, there will always be that opportunity in the future, if you wish, to progress your career further and achieve your desired career growth.
About the Role
The Estimator role for our Electrical Services division can be based in Rotorua, Hamilton, Wellington, Palmerston, Napier. In this role, you will develop and deliver Ventia contract proposals & tenders to clients on-time and in accordance with the Ventia estimating procedures while ensuring that the contract requirements, specifications and proposed tender objectives are being met using the most cost-effective approach to ensure that we are competitive in the market.
Essentially you will be winning work for the Electrical Services Business! You will work closely with the operational managers to prepare on their behalf competitive, clearly articulated proposals to our clients. You will also be responsible in making sure that the technical requirements of contracts and subcontracts are fully understood and consistently applied with the objective of maximized revenue across all contracts. You work with the Electricity and Gas NZ operational teams, and external keyholders. Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
- Preparation of tender costings for bids & planning, tender proposals, tender programmes using MS Project
- Preparation of any other required proposal information (methodologies etc)
- Compliance with Ventia estimating process and gate authorisation procedures
- Undertaking tender negotiations in accordance with Ventia
- Providing handover of all estimating information and documents to relevant parties on award
Your previous experience in estimating, pricing and contractual agreements will help you to succeed in this role. A degree in applicable industry would be an advantage or project management experience in the HV industry would be beneficial as well.
You could also be someone in the trades or tools space, wanting to step up and get your foot in the door in estimating! We will train you! So proven NZ based work experience in high voltage transmission / distribution networks (above 11kV) or NZ experience in either HV Substation or Line Construction work or Generation systems work. The below will also be key things for this role:
- Computer savviness and literacy
- Systematic estimating, writing and proposal management skills would be beneficial but
- Good written and verbal communication will cover it and we will train you up!
- Demonstrated ability to interpret, evaluate, and analyse plans, diagrams and sketches provided by consultants, clients, designers and technicians
- The ability to manage time and work under pressure to meet deadlines
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.