Are you a highly skilled Industrial Electrical Maintenance Technician with a passion for driving efficiencies in a manufacturing setting? Do you thrive in a busy work environment where teamwork and innovation is key?
If so, this may be just the opportunity you're looking for.
This employer specialises in precision maintenance of laundry technology and production lines for the laundry industry, and they now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Maintenance Technician with dual trade (electrical/mechanical) to join the team, based in Pt Chevalier, Auckland.
A bit about the role
Reporting to and supporting the Engineering Operations Manager, they are seeking a highly motivated hands on practical Electrical Maintenance Technician to join this employers Pt Chevalier operation. This role is responsible for the maintaining and repairing of all equipment and machinery within the industrial laundry facility, ensuring that all equipment is operating efficiently and effectively to minimize downtime and ensure production targets are met.
This role requires someone who is comfortable working across both mechanical and electrical maintenance, and who can also sign off on electrical works that are completed, to assist the head electrician and provide cover for the wider team.
Key responsibilities are:
- Performing electrical and mechanical reactive and preventative maintenance and repairs on all equipment as required adhering to AS/NZS 3000 standards
- Responding promptly to on-call requests
- Coordinating with production staff to minimize downtime and ensure smooth production flow
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date maintenance records/schedules for all equipment
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety regulations and standards
- Identifying and supporting opportunities for continuous improvement in equipment maintenance processes and procedures.
A bit about you
- Trade Certification in Electrical OR Mechanical + EWRB registration
- 3 years' experience in an electrical/mechanical industrial manufacturing environment
- Thorough knowledge of electrical legislation and regulations
- Experience with automated control systems (e.g., PLC, SCADA, VSD & Servo Drives)
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
- Strong aptitude with problem solving and hands-on fault finding/diagnostic skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills and a desire to work as part of a team
On offer is an opportunity to work in a very flexible and supportive working environment that will cater to, and get to know you with a competitive salary, experience dependent. Your expertise is vital, even during off-hours. Their on-call schedule ensures that your skills are valued around the clock, with appropriate compensation.
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.