We are an established service provider in the Power, Distribution & High Voltage electrical industry. We partner with leading NZ clients providing maintenance, installation, and construction services to a range of substation, industrial & commercial assets. Work for a leading employer who will invest in you and provide some amazing opportunities to shine and develop your career.
This is a full-time, permanent role at minimum 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday 7am - 3.30pm
$25 - $30.00 per/hour (Circa) rate is dependent on experience.
In this role you will be responsible for providing assistance to qualified Line mechanics undertaking following work installation, maintenance, and repair of conductors, hardware, and structures used on the local distribution network. The role would require you to carry out the assistance work in live conditions and de-energised situations as required.
What we offer you
• Competitive pay rates
• Long term secure employment
• Access to leading edge technology and equipment
• Long term maintenance contracts
• Social activities such as fishing, BBQ’s and celebration of end of end of projects
• Career progression training to develop your career.
About you - Required Skills and Competencies
• Distribution Line Mechanic Electrical Registration (provisional, or limited) from the Electrical Workers Registration Board (EWRB) (Advantageous)
• An awareness of industry safety requirements.
• Previous experience and aptitude for outdoor work.
• Physically fit especially with regards to heavy lifting, stretching and climbing.
• First Aid and CPR is advantageous.
• Valid driver’s license and experience driving appropriate vehicles on all roads, terrain, and weather conditions; Heavy truck license preferred.
To be successful in this role, you will also need to have good communication skills, be flexible towards work hours and location, and be a team player keen on producing quality work for our valuable clients.
We acknowledge the importance of our people’s diverse experiences, talents, and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.