About the organisation
This nationwide organisation is a leading provider of home-based healthcare and support. They support people to remain active, safe and independent in their own homes and community.
About the Job
Based on the restorative model of care your goal as a community nurse is to work holistically alongside the people you support and their families; encouraging the highest level of independence possible. This includes:
- Working autonomously in the community - you'll be out and about driving around Gisborne visiting clients and whanau in their own homes.
- Undertaking social and clinical assessments
- Developing, overseeing and regularly reviewing support plans
- Mentoring, verifying and supervising support workers
- Working closely with RN, Care Coordinator and Support Worker colleagues
- An evolving caseload
- Monday to Friday 8.30 am – 4.30 pm (flexible). No weekends or public holidays
This position is ideal for a Registered Nurse with current APC and preferably experienced working in the community. Exposure to long term conditions, aged residential care or medical nursing will be a bonus. In addition:
- Yow will be a calm communicator – able to develop trust and relationships easily – with clients, family members, key referrer organisations and colleagues
- You’ll enjoy autonomy and working independently but naturally, want to contribute to the team and work closely with others
- Adaptable and flexible. Whilst the days and hours are set, you’ll find that no two days are the same
- Well organised with excellent time management skills, yet able to change priorities and adapt the schedule with ease
- Technically savvy - you'll be working online and offline remotely with a laptop and phone while on the go
- Bring your calm and positive energy to the team
- Full Driver’s License and comfortable to spend your days driving and getting in and out of the car.
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent work life balance
- Stable hours Monday to Friday
- Pool car available
- Professional development opportunities
- Structured and comprehensive training
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.