About the organisation
- This charitable organisation is all about empowering people, families and communities.
- They achieve this through the provision of quality aged-care and social services across the lower North Island.
- Their retirement villages, rest homes, hospital and dementia care are focused on creating elder centred communities where people have companionship, variety, choice and control, as well as meaningful activity and purpose.
About the job
- Essentially this is a leadership role. You will oversee clinical activities, financials, service, quality, risk management and operational support to residents of a 40 bedded rest home level care home in Johnsonville Wellington.
- People Management is a big part of this job. You will inherit a strong well established team of RN's, Clinical Coordinator, Cook, Activities person etc.... with a focus on staff headcount, rosters and recruitment.
- Excellent relationship and communication skills will see you liaising with internal and external stakeholders, responding to feedback, compliments and complaints, dealing with enquiries in relation to new residents.
- A senior leader within the group you'll attend regular reporting and management meetings, both within the Home and with the wider management team.
Experience and attributes required
- Registered Nurse with current APC
- Experience operating at least as a Clinical Nurse Manager in the aged care environment. You may have Facility / Care Home Management experience but this isn't essential. This is a natural career progression for a leader with CNM experience.
- Passion for the wellbeing of older people
- You will be an excellent communicator with excellent interpersonal skills who is results focussed and committed to making a difference
- Clinically confident, able to make strong clinical decisions
What’s in it for you?
This is a fantastic location to work in, with a supportive team and organisation. You will be provided with an excellent orientation and you'll have the opportunity to join a formal leadership programme. This is a great step up for a CNM ready to take on more responsibility. You’ll fit in well if you share their values of empathy, compassion, and respect.
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.