About the Role:
We have an opportunity for an experienced Automotive Electrician to join the Service team in our modern workshop in Wiri, Auckland. Reporting to the Service Manager and with daily supervision from the Leading Hand, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring high quality preparation, delivery, maintenance and electrical repairs of both new and used trucks and busses. This includes all aspects of auto electrical and automotive air-conditioning work on Western Star trucks, MAN trucks and busses, as well as Detroit and MTU engines and Allison transmissions.
The Auckland branch and workshop is operational from 7am – 9pm Monday to Friday and rostered Saturdays by appointment. Applicants need to offer the flexibility to predominantly work dayshift hours (7.30am – 5pm) but also to work afternoon shift (11.30am – 9pm) every 3rd or 4th week. A generous afternoon shift allowance applies. Saturday work is scheduled from 7am – 12noon and this is on a rotating roster as is our call-out roster. This is a full time, permanent role and our technicians are guaranteed 45 hours of work per week Monday to Friday. The role offers an hourly rate of between $37-$42 per hour. The annual salary package including shift and tool allowances ranges from $95,000 - $100,000+.
The Automotive Electrician will be responsible for:
• Working with computer-controlled engine management systems
• Servicing, identifying and repairing faults on electronically controlled vehicle systems
• Completing preventative maintenance work on a range of diesel vehicles to ensure they are roadworthy and meet regulatory requirements
• Installing and maintaining automotive electrical equipment
• Reading and following wiring diagrams, and creating electrical circuits using a variety of inputs/outputs and controls
• Diagnosing and repairing automotive electrical and air-conditioning faults
• Completing job card and warranty paperwork as per company guidelines
• Assisting with the ongoing development and training of other Penske technicians in order to extend their abilities including the mentoring of apprentices
You will be a Trade Qualified Automotive Electrical Engineer (equivalent to NZQA Level 4) with proven post trade experience with auto-electrical work including diagnostic identification, repairs and maintenance. Specific experience working on MAN trucks and buses and/or Western Star trucks will be viewed favourably as will exposure to other OEM brands and/or Detroit Diesel, MTU, Cummins and Allison product lines. You will offer a minimum of five years of post-qualified experience within the heavy transport industry. In addition to this, you will offer practical working knowledge of the correct and safe operation of appropriate machinery, tools and equipment and you will be a team player who will adhere and promote the company's values & behaviours. Ideally you will hold some or all Heavy Transport licences, but support will be given to obtain these for the right applicant.
Why choose Team Penske?
Our Purpose “We deliver powerful solutions through people, products and partnerships to make a difference” captures the reason why we are in business. We know that it is our people who are at the heart of our success and our values of ownership, passion, teamwork, integrity and care define how we do business and the type of people we want on our team. In addition to this, we want to
make our employees have everything they need to do a great job; that is why as well as a great work environment, we offer the following benefits:
· Accredited training & development programs;
· Commitment to providing the highest levels of safety, technical and leadership training;
· Competitive rates of pay and entitlements;
· Reward and recognition programs;
· Employee Referral Program – generous employee referral fees;
· Employee Assistance Program;
· Family Friendly Benefits including Paid Parental Leave
An iconic brand in both the business and racing worlds, the Penske organisation is a Fortune 500 company with a global presence, with over 50,000 employees. A leader in the New Zealand commercial vehicle, power generation and industrial engine sectors, Penske represents market-leading products such as MAN Trucks and Buses, Western Star trucks along with MTU & Detroit engines across some of the most dynamic on- and off-highway markets in the country.
Be ambitious. We are.
If you want to join a dynamic international company with strong values, where you will be more than a number and you can enjoy working with the latest equipment in modern facilities, then contact us now!
Penske New Zealand holds Accreditation with Immigration NZ, and encourages applications from overseas candidates who wish to make New Zealand home through the provision of a job offer compliant with the Accredited Employer Work Visa criteria.
Pay range $37.00 - $42.00 (annual earning capacity circa $100,000)
1. Modern workshop facility working on highly regarded OEM products
2. Generous hourly rate and allowances
3. Highest levels of technical training on offer
LANZ has 70+ vacancies
Didn't see the perfect job for you listed?
Get in contact to find out about more opportunities.