Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Systems Project Engineer with 19 years’ experience in the aerospace/defense industry. Highly skilled in technical project management, mentorship, operations, and product engineering. Strong communicator, with proven ability to write clear and concise technical documentation and manage growing teams and processes.
• Project Planning and Execution
• Earned Value (EVMS)
• Schedule Monitoring
• Cost Estimating (ETC)
• Manufacturing Methods
• Risk Management
• Root Cause Analysis
• Integration & Troubleshooting
• Project Control
• Analog Design
• Full Life Cycle Development
• Component Selection
• Software: Microsoft Project; MicrosoftOffice Suite including Visio; Cameo Systems Modeler; OrCAD PSpice; Mentor Graphics DxDesigner and Veribest
• Hardware: Oscilloscope, Multimeter, Function Generator; Actuators (electromechanical and hydraulic) used for Motion Control; Ring Laser Gyros and Accelerometers used for Navigation
• Applications: SharePoint, Subversion (SVN); JIRA; Clear Quest; Team Center; IFS ERP System (Industrial and Financial Systems); Skype; Zoom; Vidyo; Webex
Feb 2022- present
Overview: Lead Project Engineer for Vehicle Management System Computer (VMSC) to control hydraulic actuators for aircraft flight controls.
• Interface with management and executives to deliver high quality avionics solutions to various programs across the Boeing enterprise and play a key role in managing the planning and execution of project development.
• Assist with strategy development, earned value management (EVM), team tasking, customer engagement, and various assignments that drove successful execution of day to day tasks.
• Lead project execution to complete the statement of work and plan, identify, and coordinate resources required over the life of the project.
• Lead execution of ATP testing for customer hardware deliverables and EMI risk mitigation testing.
• Guide firmware team to develop On Target Test (OTT) documentation consisting of test cases, test procedures, and test scripts ensuring that all testing accurately meet stakeholders’ requirements.
• Successfully coordinated global team across multiple locations
• Led firmware team to execute OTT verification activities to meet program’s level of flight certification.
Aug 2019- Feb 2022
Overview: Lead Project Engineer for prime contractor to USA Navy programs. Lead control account manager (CAM) responsible for performance of three simultaneous programs including schedule, earned value metrics, monthly reporting and cost variances.
• Defined planning and programmatic building blocks to ensure a successful program including developing schedule, setting budget, defining control accounts, work packages, work breakdown structure, and identifying charge numbers to accurately capture costs, and wrote change requests to adapt baseline as project evolved.
• Project lead for key contract across five systems spanning applications on ship, submarine, and range.
• Responsible for all phases of the program from planning and design to integration and validation
• Reviewed team members’ work, including customer deliverables (CDRLs), drawings, and procedures to ensure it met department, program, and customer expectations
• Reviewed customer’s statement of work (SOW) and requirements for clarity and design compliance
• Coordinated activities with Operations, Supply Chain, Quality, Logistics, Field engineers, and technical writers.
• Excelled at working remotely, communicating with team and keeping team engaged during remote meetings
• Actively held secret-level security clearance while developing systems for Navy contracts.
• Managed team of 10 professionals across all disciplines including Systems, Software, Cybersecurity, and Mechanical
• Successfully presented data package for Integrated Baseline Review (IBR), government audit, with zero findings
Oct 2013 - Aug 2019
Overview: Lead Project Engineer for electrical actuator control unit for aircraft flight controls. Lead control account manager (CAM) responsible for all phases of the program from planning and design to integration and verification.
• Created schedules and track team performance to established metrics. Determine necessary budget (EAC and ETC) to complete tasks for all phases of work.
• Explained/justified cost and schedule variance and communicated project status with clear reports and presentations.
• Reviewed SDRLs, drawings, and procedures to ensure compliance to customer’s SOW and requirements
• Established daily communication with team to ensure task completion
• Sought out by team members, including staff engineers, for advice, priority and authority with program activities
• Coordinated key activities between individuals and groups and collaborated with outside engineering departments, including software, systems, actuation and test equipment to ensure program met customer expectations.
• Oversaw operations team to ensure material procurement and the building and testing of hardware to meet deliverables, and led and participated in Design for Manufacturing (DFx) Reviews
• Provided technical direction on weekly calls with contracted manufacturer to expedite resolution of issues
• Assembled, performed ATP, reviewed results, and wrote variances as needed for customer development units
• Oversaw EMI and accelerated life testing/stress screening and assisted in interviewing and training junior engineers
• Managed team of 15-17 professionals across all disciplines of electronic design to operations and product engineering.
• Developed and presented key technical presentations including critical design review (CDR), deep dive technical reviews, and executive summaries to customers, subject matter experts, and upper management
• Consistently sought leadership opportunities, additional responsibility, and volunteered for technically complex and urgent assignments to grow as a leader within the company.
Overview: Responsible for hardware design and modification of advanced aviation and aerospace systems
• Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) Certificate Program (Dec 2019)
• Master of Science, Engineering Management, Project Management Concentration (May 2013)
• Bachelor of Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering