Analytical, innovation-driven engineer with expertise in all facets of RF engineering and regulatory compliance, hands-on product development, and testing strategy. Skilled in communicating and collaborating with a multi-functional team to guide the design and implementation of RF compliance solutions. Adept at executing complex work in an organized, methodical, and detailed manner.
Electrical Design Engineer & Compliance Engineer | KVH Industries, Middletown, RI. 2021 – September 2022
- Was solely responsible for the international compliance of our novel TracNet H30, H60, and H90 Hybrid series all in one VSAT, Cellular, and Wi-Fi product line, allowing the product to be operate in a global market in terms of Safety,EMC, and Spectrum Efficiency standards. Produced Declaration of Conformity statements and organized all certification testing.
- Spearheaded electrical design and compliance engineering, overseeing international compliance and homologation for the product line, including marine cellular, satellite TV, and internet antenna systems.
- Leveraged extensive knowledge of regulations, standards, and test methods within market regions globally, identifying areas where homologation can be used to save the company tens of thousands of dollars in testing.
- Lead EMC design engineering, executing pre-compliance EMC testing on 12+ hardware products with a 100% pass rate at qualifying test to achieve a variety of standards from many regulatory bodies, i.e., FCC, IEC, EN, and ETSI.
- Supported new product introductions, including TracPhone V30; designed antenna modem, IMU, antenna controller, and cabling to be electromagnetically immune against high-powered 25kW X-Band RADAR systems.
- Designed power distribution architecture to meet strict power budget and conducted emissions requirements for an AC power supply implemented in a 1U rack mounted antenna control unit.
- Executed performance testing and evaluation of cellular and Wi-Fi antenna MIMO/diversity configurations using simulation software and real-world testing for best coastal and offshore performance.
Applications Engineer & Test Engineer | KVH Industries, Middletown, RI 2017 – 2021
- Pioneered requirements gathering and created functional specifications for satellite and cellular products using customer feedback acquired through trade shows and first-hand knowledge of the maritime industry.
- Played an integral role in guiding and optimizing the design of products, with 3 of 4 of the products winning theNational Marine Electronics Association (NMEA) Product of Excellence Award
- Performed link budget and power budget analysis for the TracVision TV10, the world’s lightest 1-meter, ultra-high efficiency marine satellite TV antenna; designed the antenna to operate over a single RG6 coax cable to both carry power and data.
- Served as Agile Scrum Master for UHD7, TV10, LTE-1 and TracVision Digital TV-Hub, leading a large team of electrical, mechanical, testing, manufacturing engineers, and prototype fabricators to drive project success.
- Delivered EMC pre-compliance testing of various products, leveraging technical expertise and organizational skills to troubleshoot EMC issues onboard customer vessels, such as RADAR, GPS/GNSS, and cellular interference.
- Key team member and dedicated engineer that provisioned ten TNC 35-meter fast patrol vessels with secure phone lines and internet at various naval bases in Saudi Arabia for the border guard during a 2-week contract.
- Deployed strong communications to provide sales engineering support to end-users, clients, and captains while building relationships and gathering customer feedback to design the next generation of products.
- Commissioned a custom redundant satellite TV antenna and distribution installation at WarnerMedia NYC, enabling the skyscraper to track television satellites as the building sways in high wind situations.
- Supported the American Magic race team by implementing a custom global maritime cellular solution to offload telemetry data from the race boat to their supporting chase vessel.
- Actively played a key role in supporting large TVRO product line in background with various testing and ECOs
Test Engineer - Summer Intern | KVH Industries, Middletown, RI 2014 – 2016
- Responsible for testing various satellite technologies for new product development and conducting extensive research to guide the success of future implementations and solutions.
- Designed an automatic solution for dealers installing dual Radome antennas on vessels with mast blockage.
- Pioneered the testing of an online E-learning program for TV-Series product training, impacting hundreds of boat builders and marine electronics dealers.
- Executed testing of proposed installation wiring diagrams of TV-Series to verify operation, as well as 3rd party products for compatibility with TV-Series antennas.
Freelance Marine Electronics Installer | Zack’s Marine Electronics, Newport, RI 2013 – September 2022
- Executed a wide range of projects for boat owners at 2 marinas in Newport, RI, including system installation for marine electronics, custom projects, automation services, etc. Systems include:
- Wi-Fi and cellular systems, marine battery chargers and inverters, satellite TV, internet antennas, AC/DC (power management panels, marine lighting, underwater lighting, security camera systems, AIS collision avoidance systems, NMEA 2000 Sensors, marine AV systems, instrument displays, autopilot, radar systems, sonar Transducer, thermal cameras, GPS, chart plotters, sound correction DSP, etc.
- Ensured compliance with ABYC standards and corrected various electrical issues on vessels as large as 165 feet
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE) Cum Laude, Minor: Mathematics, University of Hartford, 2017
• NASA Space Grant Capstone Project | President’s List Honors | FIRST Robotics FRC Team #1124
• RF Analysis
• RF Communications
• Electrical Design
• International RF Compliance
• Debugging and Troubleshooting
• SMT Soldering
• Digital Signal Processing
• Data Analysis and Reporting
• Requirements Analysis