Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Researcher/Analyst with 10+ years’ experience in managing and coordinating development programs working with Research Institutes and Think Tanks. Skilled in research, international relations, policy analysis, academic writing, communications, fund raising and strategic planning. Excellent organisational and leadership skills with expertise in working with culturally diverse development and community initiatives. Confident and effective communicator with ability to develop easy rapport with stakeholders at all levels. Qualified with a Masters in Development Studies and Post Graduate Diploma in Conflict Resolution.
• Co-editor: Defence Review 2017, Institute of National Security Studies Sri Lanka.
• Co-author: Improving Livelihoods of the Urban Poor – A Study of Resettlement Schemes in Colombo (A Study undertaken for PRIMUSS-GTZ)
Independent non-profit think-tank with a primary focus on policy research, reform and advocacy
Manager-Programmes March 2022- Present
• Communicating with local and international stakeholders of different strata (diplomats, government representatives, academics and professionals among others, whilst coordinating with the Foundation team towards the successful implementation of activities
• Prepare proposals for funding and project reporting, and manage correspondence with local and international partners
• Plan organisation’s calendar of activities including, research, networking and meetings, and organise events and webinars
• Liaise with theExecutive Director and the Foundation’s team in implementing its work
Research Associate July 2020 – Feb 2021 and Nov 2017 – April 2019
• Organised and executed projects carried out by the Foundation
• Engaged with bilateral and multilateral partners in the successful completion of activities
• Wrote proposals to secure funding and coordinated project and final reporting to donors.
• Presentation of theFoundation’s and the country’s perspective in forums with bilateral partners.
• Contributed to the organisation’s economic, political and social policy advocacy initiatives
National security think-tank
Director Communication and Publications Feb - Oct 2017
• Developed and maintained effective communication strategies between the institute and other stakeholders, and leading the publication process
• Took the lead in the enhancement of techniques and methods for publications and communications
• Coordinated with researchers, editors, and designers for the promotion and diffusion of publications.
• Prepared concept notes, press releases, reports and other output documents related to activities
• Liaised with the defence force, diplomatic missions, local and international think tanks and research organisations in conducting joint programmes
• Organised and conducted seminars and conferences and represented the institute at briefings and fora
• Compiled the quarterly newsletter INSSSL Defence Quarterly
Research Analyst Sep2016 - Feb 2017
• Co-editor of the Institute’s flagship journal INSSSL Defence Review 2017
• Represented a paper “Towards Sustainable Development in Sri Lanka” at the 1st NationalScience and Research Organisations Summit Forum own Belt and Road Initiative, October 2016 in Beijing, China
Project Consultant June – Aug 2012
• Projects and programme management
• Planned and implemented programs of the GPPAC regional office
• Organised theRegional Steering Group Meeting (RSG) of GPPAC-South Asia
Regional Liaison Officer Jan– Oct 2010
• Served as the link between the Regional and Global Secretariat and the broader network
• Liaised between theRegional and Global Secretariat and with GPPAC membership (regional and national) on behalf of the Regional Secretariat, especially with RSG members
• Translated global issues to regional level, and vice versa
• Reported on progress of regional long-term and annual plans with regard to regional and global targets
• Wrote proposals and raised funds for the Regional Annual Plans
Prior to 2010 I was employed as a Programme Administrator with the Regional Centre for Strategic Studies and with the University of Colombo.
• Masters in Development Studies (2019)
• Diploma in Conflict Resolution (2005)
• Bachelor of Arts (Hons) (2000)
• Participated in “Raise to Rise” project in 2019/2020 to raise funds for Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis. Created awareness, held events and raised funds which contributed to providing medical supplies to children suffering from JIA in Sri Lanka.
• Enjoy spending time with family and watching sports, especially when one of my children is competing.