Our client Barbara is a proactive psychologist offering sound experience working with children, young people and their families, across both hospital settings and private practice.
A proactive psychologist offering sound experience working with children, young people and their families, across both hospital settings and private practice. Passionate about prevention, educating and engaging with families about how to provide a healthy environment for their children. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - able to quickly develop a rapport with clients of all ages and all walks of life.
Key Skills and Strengths:
- A highly-empathetic psychologist, with excellent communication and relationship-building skills; used to working with people in distress and connecting in a sensitive and respectful manner
- Strong cross-cultural competency and awareness - have worked comfortably with families from various Latin American countries including Chile, Venezuela, Argentina, Paraguay and Bolivia.
- Sound experience in family counselling – providing psychological assistance for children and teenagers across the areas of communication, emotional distress, sociability, shyness, aggression etc
- Have worked in close partnership with schools, providing an integrated approach in order to achieve an accurate diagnosis and facilitate communication between those involved in the child's development
- Passionate about prevention - holding group meetings, teaching courses and giving lectures related to emotional education, child development and family relationships –also producing free content for the internet https://barbaracatarina.com.br/saiu-na-midia/
- Committed to professional development and a dedicated lifelong learner - always staying updated about new studies in my field of work, and have completed two post-graduate speciality degrees
- Earlier work as a hospital psychologist required resilience and the ability to cope well under pressure – having dealt with cases related to terminal disease and and innovative
- Able to foster a sense of collegiality-e.g. was able to implement the adoption of a multi-disciplinary approach, in which all teams worked more closely to provide an integrated treatment to patients
- Proactive and innovative - after being approached by families who had no means to pay for individual care, created an online platform to present accessible and relevant content and to provide a friendly space for dialogue