Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Project Engineer with global experience in executing a wide range of construction projects for project management consultancy firms, developers, and international contracting firms. Skilled in preparing detailed execution plans, implementing project management systems, developing reporting formats and managing company wide projects, including monitoring project execution. Experienced in managing and developing client relationships, liaising with contractors to ensure optimal performance, and mentoring junior engineers. Tech savvy and multilingual with proven leadership, communication and collaboration skills. Qualified Civil Engineer with a Master’s degree in Project Management.
Project portfolio comprises skyscrapers (50+ floors), hotels, apartments and mega housing development projects, as well as infrastructure projects, providing direction, leadership and technical expertise in achieving deliveries across the entire life cycle of major projects.
Overview: Currently working on Tri-Zen super high-rise apartment project comprising 52 floors with the Project Management Consultancy team.
• Responsible for establishing and implementing project control guidelines related to planning and monitoring of high-rise tower with 897 residential units
• Review and approve the construction schedule, procurement schedule and manpower plan of the main contractor
• Coordinate with site managers and other engineers to ensure the project runs on schedule and that material supplies are sufficient.
• Review time claims by the main contractor and carries out schedule impact analysis
• Provide periodical project status reports to project stakeholders
• Plan construction work and monitor the execution of construction projects
• Managed design and bidding process for 53-floor twin tower with 584 residential units
• Prepared the project master schedule and tracked and analysed work progress
• Planned construction work, and monitored project execution
• Prepared progress reports and assisted in contract administration.
• Managed the designing of anew wing and retrofit work of a 350 Bed with 4 ICU Hospital
• Coordinated thedesign work of new projects and reviewed tender documents
• Planned and monitored construction work and was involved in selecting contractors
• Coordinated with stakeholders in-house and outside to achieve project completion
• Certified contractor’s payment requests.
• Took responsibility to complete the related projects representing the client.
• Coordinated with in-house and external stakeholders to achieve project completion.
• Planned and monitored a 59 km long highway with 6 interchanges in Oman and World Trade Centre new Halls Expansion in Dubai
• Led the contractor’s team to develop the EPC master schedule and construction schedule
• Resolved planning issues with various planning contributors
• Tracked and analysed progress, prepared periodical progress reports, and prepared schedule impact studies
• Evaluated schedule impact studies and assisted in contract administration.
• Planned construction work and monitored the execution of the oil refinery project
• Developed and maintained the EPC master schedule and construction schedules
• Prepared and updated performance monitoring systems(PMS), and procurement logs and carried out productivity measurement studies.
• Provided functional support for project control activities.
• Prepared and evaluated schedule impact studies
• Developed project plans for company-wide projects comprised of Hotels, Resorts, Apartments, Office Buildings & Road projects.
• Involved in front-end works including client meetings, presentations, tender planning
• Coordinated with projects, finance, contract and procurement departments and prepared overall projects reviews and report for chairmen
• Supported the project management and contract administration efforts
Prior to 2011, I was employed as a Planning Engineer, Project Manager and Assistant Engineer
• Master of Science in Project Management (2017)
Research focus: Project Planning / Delay /Disruption Evaluation.
• National Diploma in Civil Engineering
• Diploma in Business Management Studies
• Institute of Incorporated Engineers
• MIIESL - Member of Institute of Incorporated Engineers (IIESL), Incorporated Engineer since 2011
• Volunteer tutor for high school children in Colombo and involved in food distribution
• Enjoy traveling, tramping and gardening
• Software: M.S.Project, Primavera, AutoCAD
• Safety and risk monitoring and material procurement monitoring
• Budgeting and cash flow forecasts.
• Project management methodologies and reporting
• Architectural, Structural, MEP design coordination.
• Review contract documents and contract administration (FIDIC / CIDA)
• Construction planning & time schedule monitoring
• Project Quality assurance & control periodical performance reporting