Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Marine Industry Operations Manager with a Master of Science, an interest in conservation, and international experience in providing vessel operation, asset management, operation compliance, logistics, and human resource management. Extensive knowledge in repair, replacement and maintenance of power and sail vessels. Customer-focused and creative problem solver with extensiveBluewater experience, a strong work ethic and a history of delivering top-quality work.
Operations Manager and Vessel Operator (Independent Contractor), 2016- present
Most clients were high-net-worth individuals which required a high level of trust and discretion
• Safe vessel operation with crew and passengers
• Vessel repair, preventative maintenance, cleaning and provisioning
• Liaising with Customs andImmigration
• Logistics, supplies and personal request Instruction and training of crew
• Adjusting to local customs, culture and laws as necessary to perform job functions
SCHOONERS NORTH, Friday Harbour, WA, https://www.sanjuansailcharter.com
Operations Director / Captain, June 2014 – Sept 2015
• Operated Schooner Spike Africa, an 80ft gaff-rigged wood topsail schooner
• Led, trained and managed crew members to become safe sailors while attending to passengers
• Mentored and developed talent to precipitate industry improvements and maturations
• Managed expenses, ticket sales and bookings and assisted with Marketing strategy and promotion activities
• Oversaw daily and semi-annual ship maintenance projects and annual inspected Passenger VesselCertifications.
• Captained days sails, private day charters and overnight charters
• Managed outside vendors and tradesmen and excursion specialist
GLOBAL EXPEDITION GROUP, Sweden, Denmark,Malta, https://www.globalexpeditionsgroup.com
Captain, Mediterranean Sea, June 2013 – Nov 2014
• Operated Commercial M/V Andromeda, on Marine Archaeology Survey of shipwrecks in the Baltic and the Mediterranean Sea.
• Tow of side-scan sonar and use of underwater Seabotics ROV to aid survey activity.
• Provided support to Technicians, Writers and Research scientists during 24hr rotational schedule
• Assisted in educational development for youth in conjunction with national museum and education
• Handled logistics of international carnet shipping and on-the-ground solutions for projects
Captain, Sarasota,FL May 2011 - June 2011
• Sail TrainingVessel Schooner Argo, 112ft Langan Design Schooner (Sail Training Vessel)
• Short-term vessel operations in Gibraltar, France, Spain and Monaco with 15 crew
Captain, BVI, Leeward islands Nov 2002 –May 2004
• SV Ocean Star,Peterson 88ft sailing schooner
• Oversaw a teen sailing program focused on vessels ranging from 50 - 80ft
PERFECT SYMMETRY SAILING SERVICE LLC
Captain, S/Y Perfect Symmetry 5, Private SailingVessel, Hylas 70, Dec 2007 – Dec 2012
• ExtensiveCruising throughout Windward, Leeward and Virgin Islands, Western CaribbeanSea, North coast of South America, Mid-Atlantic Seaboard, West Coast of Mexico
• Maintained and operated vessel for private use and safely transited over 30,000 NM in 5yrs
• Finance, repair, customs, immigration, daily, monthly and annual maintenance, logistics of crew,
• Hired and managed permanent and temporary crew as needed for charters and deliveries
• Managed outside vendors, including mechanics, riggers, electricians, sail makers, fibreglass repair and fabrication, welding repair and fabrication, agents
Watch Officer/2nd Engineer for Delivery, M/Y GRAN FINALE
• Yacht relocation from Tahiti to Panama, via Galapagos
• Assisted Chief engineer in operational maintenance and repair
• Performed and maintained watches utilizing navigation and electronics skills in a 30-day passage without incident
TRIUMPH SAILING SERVICES LLC, Private Sailing Vessel
Captain - Full-time Live aboard Permanent, June 2004 - May 2007
• New England, Mid-Atlantic,Caribbean (Virgin, Leeward and Windward Islands), Transatlantic Crossing, EasternMediterranean Sea
• Fulfilled 2yr commitment, then fulfilled agreement to continue employment until vessel sold 1 year later
• Assisted in the selection and purchase of an owner's first vessel
LIBERTY FLEET OF TALL SHIPS BOSTON, Custom 88ftSailing Schooner, www.libertyfleet.com
Captain July 1999 – May 2002
• Progressed from deckhand to captain aboard tall ship Schooner Liberty (88ft) and Schooner LibertyClipper (125ft) performing harbour sails and charters in Key West, FL and Boston, MA, including in between transits.
After completing University study I was employed as an Industrial Hygiene Assistant and as a Biological Safety Officer and Laboratory Technologist / Technician at the University of Arkansas.
• Master of Science in Occupational and Environmental Health
• Bachelor of Science in Zoology
• Diploma in Boat Building
• ProvidedHurricane with Yacht Aid Global, http://yachtaidglobal.org
• Enjoy sailing, teaching sailing and helping new boat owners learn.
• Books that explore social changes due to economic, cultural, technological and environmental events.
• Recent interest in Physics and Cosmology