Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
IT Infrastructure specialist with 10+ years of experience in IT Infrastructure and Security, including current experience in Singapore managing on-premises and cloud infrastructure in the finance industry. A supportive team member and team leader with sound communication skills, strong technical knowledge, and a proven track record of delivering exceptional value to the team and for the organisation. Passionate about emerging technologies and architecting technical solutions to solve business problems. International experience has honed ability to navigate cultural differences and collaborate in a diverse environment.
Etiqa Insurance Pte Ltd, Singapore (300 employees) http://etiqa.com.sg/, https://www.tiq.com.sg/
• Technical solutioning of both on-premise and cloud infrastructure as part of the organization’s IT modernization and cloud adaptation journeys
• Ensure smooth running of IT infrastructure; including servers, network, storage, databases, backups and replications, data centers, cloud and multiple cross-border sites
• Strategic planning, assessing new technologies, budgeting and conducting technology refreshes to improve capabilities, reliability, and security of the systems, while reducing costs and maintenance efforts and ensuring maximum availability and performance.
• Ensure security of IT systems, servers, network equipment, appliances and data by following patch management, implement high availability, backup, hardening and ID management, and address timely technology upgrades and obsolescence
• Review IT policies and procedures as part of IT compliance and governance
• Supervision of IT service desk, and technical teams to ensure SLAs are met and Periodic testing of DR capabilities in the IT systems
• Designed Azure hybrid cloud architecture resulting in 2 applications migrated to the cloud in a year, resulting in on-demand scaling and higher availability in the cloud infrastructure
• Designed and implemented secure VPN and Citrix remote working facilities over a few weeks, enabling 300 employees to work from home and continue business as usual without interruption
• Designed cloud SDWAN and point to site VPN solution to replace traditional MPLS WAN and on-premiseVPN gateway, increasing efficient traffic management, visibility and security
• Introduced high availability in the network and systems-wide for the online business, resulting in improved customer satisfaction
• ReceivedCEO awards including Certificate of Recognition for displaying high performance, teamwork, integrity, excellence & efficiency, and recognition of exceptional performance outside job role
Etiqa Insurance Pte Ltd, Singapore (300 employees)
• WAN revamp with redundant IPVPN/MetroEthernet links with BGP
• Netflow, SNMP monitoring and LAN security initiatives
• Server revamp with implementing a hyper-converged infrastructure
• IT Security tightening by implementing DDOS gateway, WAF, DLP, Antivirus, NAC, SPAM mail gateway solutions
• Implement load-balancing in the network, operating system and application layers
• Increased availability of network connectivity by designing and implementing redundant WAN links withBGP between Head office, branches and Data Centers. This assured the system's connectivity was always available for internal users.
• Reduced costs and maintenance efforts in the Server farm by replacing traditional 3-tier server architecture with Hyper-converged technology, which significantly improved storage efficiency and site-to-site data replication
• Planned and implementedCitrix Virtual Apps and MDM to provide secure access to newly introduced offshore developers.
• Self-explored, tested and deployed Veeam backup solution replacing legacy solution resolving multiple gaps
Union Assurance PLC, Sri Lanka (2000 employees) http://www.unionassurance.com/
• Designed, implemented and maintained IT Networks and IT Systems, contributed to secure ISO 27001certification for the Primary and DR Data Centres and performed as ISMSCoordinator
• Researched, tested and implemented a Digital Signage solution that displayed IT Systems, connectivity health monitoring dashboard on a big TV screen, which enabled live monitoring and alerting
• Researched and configured a traffic shaper to improve the quality of branch connectivity by traffic prioritising and shaping. This saved IT OPEX costs that would have been incurred to otherwise increase the bandwidth of the links
• Managed abandonedAntivirus solution planned and deployed latest versions to 1200 computers in 60branches with least WAN bandwidth available. Ensured best practices and policies for endpoint protection
Imovation Solutions Pvt Ltd, Sri Lanka E-commerce (20employees)
• Designed, implemented and maintained the IT network and Systems, and managed LAN/WAN network infrastructure
• Monitoring all systems and networks for security improvements and breaches
• Contributed to developing a Virtualized Server solution to replace traditional physical server architecture, which helped to lower project costs by 40%
Royal Institute of Colombo, Sri Lanka. http://www.ric.lk, https://royalinstitute.org Education(20 employees)
• Administration of Servers,Network, Firewalls and IT Systems in the organization
• Built a solution to conduct remote lecturing to local students using Skype, Logitech camera, microphones and sound systems; the interactive lectures were recorded and hosted in the university information system
• Self-learned, trialled and implemented an open-source firewall (pfSense) to secure the computer lab.
• Built the institute’s website from a scratch with just one teammate (www.ric.lk)
• BSc (Honors) in Management Information Systems (2012), University College Dublin, Ireland
• Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert (2022)
• CCNP Enterprise (Routing and Switching) (2021)
• ITIL v3Foundation (2016)
• VMware Certified Associate in Data Centre Virtualization (2013)
• Microsoft Certified Professional (2012)
• Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (2009)
• CCNA (Routing and Switching) (2008)
• Higher Diploma in Computer BasedInformation Systems, Sri Lanka 2009
• Keen keyboard/piano player
• Enjoy running, cycling, swimming and hiking
• Travel, exploring nature, and adventure; have made travel videos of my time in NewZealand, Australia, Japan, Switzerland, Taiwan, Malaysia, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Singapore and Vietnam
• Overall IT Infrastructure management inclusive of Servers, network, Storage, Data Center, IT Solutions
• Microsoft Azure:Technical architecting of hybrid cloud infrastructure and implementation
• IT Security: implementing IT security framework and measures
• Technical solutioning, implementation, maintenance, monitoring and continuous improvement
• VMwarev Sphere, HPE SimpliVity, Nutanix HCI infrastructure solutioning, implementation and management
• Data Center, Backup and Replication, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity management