Please give us some details about the role you want to fill and let us know why you think our client might be the perfect candidate for you.
What happens next?
Our Job Search Specialist Mark Beltran will facilitate the next steps:
Mark will let our client know that you have shown an interest in their professional skills.
You will receive a full job application from our client and might want to offer them a formal job interview if you see the right potential in this candidate.
If you decide that you would like to offer the role to our client, we will help to make the next steps as smooth as possible.
You will be supported by our Licensed Immigration Advisers, who will take care of all visa related aspects of the process of offering our client a job.
Offering a job to our client will be straight forward.
Civil Engineer with 12 years’ experience in structural engineering coordination including structural assessments, analysis, design of building structures, and construction monitoring. Proven track record of delivering technically sound, practical engineering solutions without compromising safety, and liaising with clients, contractors, and consultants. Familiarity and understanding of cost and contracts administration with effective communication skills, an enthusiastic attitude and experience in working with diverse teams to deliver large-scale projects on time and to budget. Knowledge and understanding of AutoCAD and Revit.
• For a newly created unit at the Urban Development Authority during 2017, I was responsible for setting up from scratch operational work processes including creating procedures for all processes, setting and maintaining the quality of outputs, setting and maintaining management procedures, and recruiting staff
• Integrated the unit within the existing structure of UDA and established a system for proper supervision and correspondence with regional offices and the engineering division and established a fully functioning engineering division with 6engineers, 4 quantity surveyors, and 6 draughts persons
• Supported the Institution of Engineers accreditation application, resulting in experience gained at the organization becoming fully recognised in terms of chartered membership of IESL.
Mentored three young engineers obtain chartered membership from Institution of Engineers SriLanka while working at Urban Development Authority and at Nawaloka Construction Company
Nawaloka Construction Company initially geared itself more towards design and build projects. As senior engineer I headed the structural design unit and played a vital part in winning new contracts by designing cost effective yet functional structures, resulting three new major design and build projects during 2018amounting to more than USD 70 million in anticipated revenue
• Postgraduate Diploma in Structural Engineering Design 2013 –2015
• Bachelor of the Science of Engineering (Civil) 2006– 2010
• Member of Engineering New Zealand (Membership number: 2009028) https://www.engineeringnz.org/
• CorporateMember of Institution of Engineers Sri Lanka, https://www.iesl.lk/
• AssociateMember of Society of Structural Engineers Sri Lanka, https://www.ssesl.lk/
• Member of Sri Lankan Geotechnical Society, https://www.slgs.lk/
• Enjoy reading science fiction, history, human evolution and psychology
• Going for an evening walks and occasionally taking the long route home so that I can enjoy driving
• Been an avid PC gamer since childhood
• Community: Planned and organised annual almsgiving events and provided school supplies for children from disadvantaged backgrounds
• Expertise in ETABS,SAP2000, SAFE, PROKON and TEKLA software
• Using British Standards and Euro codes for design and detailing
• Proficient in AUTOCAD, NanoCAD, and Revit
• UseAS/NZS 1170.2 and AS 1170.4 in limited capacity for comprehensive wind and earthquake analysis